Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Exclamation Supremes asked to halt Tuesday's vote

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=79519

Constitutional crisis feared over Obama's 'qualifications'
    Posted: October 30, 2008
    11:00 pm Eastern
    WorldNetDaily

The U.S. Supreme Court is being asked to help the nation avoid a constitutional crisis by halting Tuesday's election until Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama documents his eligibility to run for the top office in the nation.

Democratic attorney Philip Berg had filed a lawsuit alleging Obama is ineligible to be president because of possible birth in Kenya, but as WND reported, a federal judge dismissed the complaint claiming Berg lacks standing to bring the action.

The 34-page memorandum that accompanied the court order from Judge R. Barclay Surrick concluded ordinary citizens can't sue to ensure that a presidential candidate actually meets the constitutional requirements of the office.

Instead, Surrick said Congress could determine "that citizens, voters, or party members should police the Constitution's eligibility requirements for the Presidency," but that it would take new laws to grant individual citizens that ability.

"Until that time," Surrick says, "voters do not have standing to bring the sort of challenge that Plaintiff attempts to bring."

Berg has maintained that uncertainty about how the U.S. does enforce the requirements of presidency may result in a constitutional crisis should an ineligible candidate win the office.

In a statement today, Berg said he is applying to Justice David Souter for an "Immediate Injunction to Stay the Presidential Election of November 4, 2008."

"I am hopeful that the U.S. Supreme Court will grant the injunction pending a review of this case to avoid a constitutional crisis by insisting that Obama produce certified documentation that he is or is not a "natural born" citizen and if he cannot produce documentation that Obama be removed from the ballot for president," Berg said.

"We must legally prevent Obama, the unqualified candidate, from taking the office of the presidency of the United States," Berg said.

The issue of Obama's eligibility first got traction among Internet bloggers and later was heightened when several campaigns were launched to determine whether a "certificate of live birth" posted on the Internet by the Obama campaign was valid.

The issue gained more attention when Berg told radio talk show icon Michael Savage he had an admission from Obama's grandmather that she was at his birth – in Kenya.

"This is a question of who has standing to stand up for our Constitution," Berg told Jeff Schreiber of America's Right blog. "If I don't have standing, if you don't have standing, if your neighbor doesn't have standing to ask whether or not the likely next president of the United States – the most powerful man in the entire world – is eligible to be in that office in the first place, then who does?"

As WND reported, Berg filed suit in U.S. District Court in August, alleging Obama is not a natural-born citizen and is thus ineligible to serve as president of the United States. Berg demanded that Obama provide documentation to the court to verify that the candidate was born in Hawaii, as Obama contends, and not in Kenya, as Berg believes.
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Chester County)

Default Re: Supremes asked to halt Tuesday's vote

What is an "ordinary citizen" and why can't he challenge the president?
    Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Because they have beat us down and brainwashed the majority into believing that guns are bad. 100 years ago, this could have been overcome, now...we are f'ed.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Because they have beat us down and brainwashed the majority into believing that guns are bad. 100 years ago, this could have been overcome, now...we are f'ed.
    Sad, but holds much truth.

(Philadelphia County)

so we have a trillion + dollar defense budget..

the most sophisticated computer network in the planet, allowing us to snoop on every email, fax and phone call in the world..

spy satellites that can read a bar-code from orbit..

yet we can't figure out if this douche bag is a US Citizen or not?

WTF!!!!!!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    so we have a trillion + dollar defense budget..

the most sophisticated computer network in the planet, allowing us to snoop on every email, fax and phone call in the world..

spy satellites that can read a bar-code from orbit..

yet we can't figure out if this douche bag is a US Citizen or not?

WTF!!!!!!
    We can't or we WONT. I don't know which. I think there is a real effort to shut us up from questioning anything. The problem is that if he is elected and is then shown to not be a citizen then what? Does that set a precident?

(Wayne County)

If hes found out later not to have been born here then he will be kicked out, by law. Charges BETTER be filed against him for treason. He knowingly lied and went against the Constitution, which he is sworn in to uphold and protect with the oath of ANY government official.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by GreatBarren View Post
    If hes found out later not to have been born here then he will be kicked out, by law. Charges BETTER be filed against him for treason. He knowingly lied and went against the Constitution, which he is sworn in to uphold and protect with the oath of ANY government official.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."

--U.S. CONST., Art. III, sec. 3.

(Wayne County)

Your correct, so then it would be perjury under the oath of office. Then he would be kicked out of office.

"I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

(Allegheny County)

The 34-page memorandum that accompanied the court order from Judge R. Barclay Surrick concluded ordinary citizens can't sue to ensure that a presidential candidate actually meets the constitutional requirements of the office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    An ordinary citizen can't sue for such an injunction because he lacks one of more of the requirements for standing.
    Last edited by awkx; November 1st, 2008 at 12:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast