Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Pittsburgh Mills Gun Show

So I woke up this morning and figured i'd wait out the first wave of earlybirds and arrived at a few minutes before 10am to find at least 100 deep still waiting outside the doors to get in!!!! Screw that I told the wifey! Let's go to the Strip District until after lunch. So we did a little shopping then we returned a few minutes after noon...it looked exact the same as it did earlier?!?!?!?! WTF...this is getting a little ridiculous now. I know all that is going on and proposed but I think it's total bull that I can't get in to a local gun show to look for some small gun parts i've been waiting to find at the tables there. I suppose it's a great time to be a dealer/shop owner right now, at least while all this madness is going on, but it really sucks for the honest, law-abiding consumer!!!! Anyways, sorry for the rant. Just wondered if anyone actually got to make it into the show and if it was worth that ridiculous wait...

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mills Gun Show

Waste of time and Money But Mainly time. Im was there at 8:07am and waited 45minutes in line freezing to get in there to see outrageous prices and out of stock

(McKean County)

Quote Originally Posted by zero visual View Post
    Waste of time and Money But Mainly time. Im was there at 8:07am and waited 45minutes in line freezing to get in there to see outrageous prices and out of stock
    I will respectfully disagree, and somewhat agree with the thoughts on the show today. I arrived shortly before two, and didn't like the size of the line I saw. I was surprised to see the line moving quite well and I'd say I was maybe 50 or so deep when I got in line. Waited about 10 minutes maybe a shad more.
    Crowded at first but thinned out big time between four and five. Prices - well paying 18 or so for 20 rounds of you know what was not what I wanted to do. I did manage to find a few bargains though. Pleasantly surprised to see a number of vendors with signs out that they are buying as well.

Prof

(Allegheny County)

I drove out, saw the line out the door, and turned around. Then drove down to Ace Sporting Goods. Now I see why they can't answer the phone. It was literally shoulder to shoulder in there too. I'm staying home until this trend is over.

(McKean County)

Quote Originally Posted by NewBomb View Post
    I drove out, saw the line out the door, and turned around. Then drove down to Ace Sporting Goods. Now I see why they can't answer the phone. It was literally shoulder to shoulder in there too. I'm staying home until this trend is over.
    I'll give a Sunday report as well - afternoon was busy but not too bad. Ammo still available but prices were high and again on Sunday the crowd thinned out as the showtime waned. Actually found a few boxes of 5.56 for 15 bucks.

Still product and deals in the afternoon and it wasn't too crowded.

Prof

(Allegheny County)

Unhappy NICS Failure On Saturday left empty handed... Re: Pittsburgh Mills Gun Show

I went to the show on Saturday and found items I was looking for. Unfortunately I left empty handed with my second amendment rights denied because after an hour of trying on both the vendors, and another potential customer's cell phones no one could get a ring tone from the NICS call center. It wasn't that other vendors didn't get through to NICS some did -- an were probably trying to run multiple transactions on a single call further aggravating the problems.

Was anyone else denied a sale simple because the NICS center could not be reached?

I'm cross posting from here
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/201...ml#post2260646

Please reply there.
    Last edited by battle; January 21st, 2013 at 07:53 PM.

I also went on Saturday morning to find a line as long as a 1/2 football field. Because I only had about 1.5 hrs to spend, I returned to Blairsville and came back out Sunday (I had no engaging appointments that day). My understanding was the line remained most of the day Saturday because the room was at max capacity so they were managing entry - but the issue was people leaving were at a very sparse pace. Sunday, I got in with no waiting in line about 0915 and stayed till noon. There appeared to be no line at any time Sunday (checked out the front windows occasionally). I'm gonna guess that most of the intriguing products must have been sold Saturday because there were only a few products (within this mans budget) that I would have added to my limited collection. So as usual, I made a thorough round and then a relatively fast once over to ensure I did not miss anything. it was a very rare occasion that I left with something I was not in the mind to purchase (I consider myself frugal, not an impulse buyer and more of a rifle guy). Beretta PX4 Storm .40 S&W. Very nice, very smooth firing, very good fit. Had a Beretta 9mm issued to me for 13 of 23 years in the service (Colt .45 for a few of the early years). Almost apples and oranges between the two Berettas, but am pleased with the Beretta products I've been privy to. Nonetheless, most any time I am surrounded by folks who respect guns, their history, their engineering and the responsibility that goes along with it all, it's a good day.
    **bkmeis**

(Butler County)

This was the first big gun show I intentionally missed in years.

(Armstrong County)

No line Sunday at 2.