Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default PA Gun Collector's Assn. 1/19 & 1/20 (Pittsburgh Mills Mall Event Center) (125 Pittsb

Pennsylvania Gun Collector's Association
    Pittsburgh Mills Mall Event Center
    125 Pittsburgh Mills Circle
    Route 28, Exit 12 A, Tarentum, PA 15084

Saturday January 19th 8am-5pm
    Sunday January 20th 8am-4pm

Adults - $7.00
    Children under 12 with paying adult - $3.00

http://www.paguncollectors.org/index.html

(Washington County)

Default Re: PA Gun Collector's Assn. 1/19 & 1/20 (Pittsburgh Mills Mall Event Center)

I'll be there looking for 2 ar lower parts kits, an ar pistol buffer tube n cover, and a ar rifle stock for a big bore sniper.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PA Gun Collector's Assn. 1/19 & 1/20 (Pittsburgh Mills Mall Event Center)

Anyone know if they're allowing ARs? Just heard that the Harrisburg gun show on Feb 2-10 is not allowing any "tactical" type weapons to "avoid the potential negative attention"

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by SDB498299 View Post
    Anyone know if they're allowing ARs? Just heard that the Harrisburg gun show on Feb 2-10 is not allowing any "tactical" type weapons to "avoid the potential negative attention"
    ARs will be at the show.(I'll have several as will other dealers I'm sure.)

The show at Harrisburg where ARs and other weapons of that type were eliminated from is NOT the bregular gun show promoted by MAAC. The show in question is the Outdoor and Sport Show. The MAAC show will be on as scheduled in March.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, this is the one run by the guy who organizes gun buy backs.

Don't confuse the two.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yeah, this is the one run by the guy who organizes gun buy backs.

Don't confuse the two.
    And who praytell is that?

(Allegheny County)

Is the PGCA not run by/associated with a police officer/retired police officer who organizes/participates in gun buyback programs?

If not, I humbly apologize, but that is the reason I stopped patronizing said event.

(Allegheny County)

Rather than throwing out the accusation without validation, I went and looked it up.

PAGCA president named here as Philip Dacey:
    http://www.paguncollectors.org/officers.htm

Buyback program takes guns off Pittsburgh streets

By Rick Wills
    PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mike Hartle decided it was time to get rid of the two handguns he acquired several years ago to protect himself.

"I have two small kids, ages 4 and 6. I'm just worried about them. They are at the age where they are curious about everything," said Hartle, 39, of Ohio Township.

Hartle was one of dozens of people who showed up Saturday at Pittsburgh's old No. 1 Firehouse on the Boulevard of the Allies to exchange their guns for Giant Eagle gift cards.

By the end of the day, Goods for Guns of Allegheny County had collected 75 guns — an odd assortment of Saturday Night Specials, imposing rifles, even antique black powder and breaktop revolvers.

"You see some of these guns for sale for $1 in Sears catalogs from 1901," said Pittsburgh police Sgt. Tony Viscomi, a Zone 3 officer who has volunteered at the event for years. Yesterday's was the 16th annual.

Under the program, each handgun netted $50 in grocery gift certificates. Long guns brought a $25 gift certificate. Free gun locks and handouts on gun safety were available.

Tim Kanouff of Baden heard about the gun turn-in on television early yesterday.

"It's a great program," said Kanouff, a target-shooting enthusiast and gun collector who turned in a .380 automatic. "This weapon is just no longer safe, and this is a great way to get rid of it and get a little bit back for it."

Under the program, those turning in guns are not asked to identify themselves and are not asked any questions, said Philip Dacey, president of Goods for Guns, which is funded by donations from foundations and individuals.

Dacey does not view the event as anti-gun. "I am a gun guy. I used to go hunting and liked shooting targets," he said.

One gun turned in yesterday was found in the snow, Dacey said. In the past, girlfriends of convicted felons have turned in guns.

"We had one woman who brought in her boyfriend's backpack — with a gun, crack cocaine and $3,800 in cash," Viscomi said.

People still interested in turning in a gun to Goods for Guns of Allegheny County can e-mail goodsforguns@verizon.net.
    That is all I have to say on the matter.
    Everyone is free to make their own choices. Like those who refuse to patronize Dick's Sporting Goods after they threw gun owners under the bus by removing all black rifles for sale.

I choose not not support this venue for the same reason.

(Elk County)

Even though I'll be in the area this weekend, I'm seriously considering not attending this time because the prices will be high (if not higher) and the place will be jam-packed crowded.

If the only way you can move is by doing the Chinese Coolie Shuffle, and you can't see the merch on the tables, why go?

If I do go, it will be an early in-and-out to hit a few vendors for specific stuff, but right now "my heart is not in the work."

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Even though I'll be in the area this weekend, I'm seriously considering not attending this time because the prices will be high (if not higher) and the place will be jam-packed crowded.

If the only way you can move is by doing the Chinese Coolie Shuffle, and you can't see the merch on the tables, why go?

If I do go, it will be an early in-and-out to hit a few vendors for specific stuff, but right now "my heart is not in the work."

Noah
    I hear ya!

Gun enthusiasts are typically early birds!
    I always went to every show early on a Saturday. A show or two ago, I went in the afternoon and it was only half as crowded. A friend of mine always goes on Sunday afternoons now, he tells me it's not as bad as Saturday mornings, Saturday afternoons, or Sunday mornings.
    Last edited by Hawk; January 17th, 2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Toujours pręt

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast