Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The OH SO Boring DC Dalton OC Log

Well since it is a holiday weekend and I am 'on the hunt' for 'steals and deals' I thought I would detail my activities this weekend while OC'ing and see if anything happens.

I am both a flea market and garage / yard sale hound and this being 'one of those weekends' my day started early today. Out of the house at 8am (nursing a really screwed up back from too much yard work) I tried to hit the local yard sales early ... no damn luck, just way too early. So I stopped at the local convenience store and got butts. They are no problem with OC because I am there damn near 4 times a week.

So off to the first yard sale, Glock on the hip and wondering if walking into people's garages and onto their property would 'raise some hairs'. The first garage sale was two old ladies, exchanged the normal good mornings, checked out their goods and discussed the weather ... not so much as a mention of the gun on my hip. So of to the methodist church flea market in town ( a yearly event) ... wandered around, nothing but junk and STILL no comments or strange looks. Across the street to the ambulance building that also holds their flea market. Exchanged pleasantries with a few of the ladies, browsed the JUNK and saw an old friend, no comments again.

So it's time to get out of town and follow the trail of yard / garage sale signs ... stopped at a REALLY nice log home that had a grandmother and granddaughter selling nothing but 'girly stuff' but it was all went well. At this point I am getting hungry so I stopped at Cozy Corner for a ham egg and cheese sandwich, the place is packed. Walked in, ordered, hit the bathroowm and then stood there waiting .... still no violent reactions!

Decided to follow on HUGE neon green 'huge yard sale' sign not knowing it would take me 'over the river and through the woods' to find some over priced tools but some nice people that were more than happy to let me wander their goods.

When I asked where the 'heck I was' I found out I was damn near in Stroudsburg' so I followed the road out to end up on 191 just above town. As I drove towards town I started thinking about walking onto people's property carrying and the fact no one had made so much as a comment so far ... oh well.

Stopped at the first yard sale I found on 191 (just before the diner) and bought a nice acoustic guitar amp for 1/3 of it's price new. Talked to another 'customer' who glanced to my side once or twice but never so much as twitched ....

Down into the 'belly of the beast' (Stroudsburg) ... the three roads behind the courthouse were wall to wall yard sales so I parked the car and walked, all while thinking about how Stroud Township isn't too fond of OC. Bought a new office chair at a very upscale couple's home ... funny my gun didn't stop them from taking my $20. 3 streets, 15 yard sales and not one comment, no women and children running and screaming ... ok this is weird.

Back out of Stroudsburg and up 611, 5 stops at yards sales and nothing more than a 'good morning' or a 'how ya doing' ..... why aren't people calling the cops about this lunatic carrying a gun.

Stopped at Warner's .. the normal 'insanity' happening for a Saturday there (basically take a number to talk to Rich) so I wandered, meandered and twiddled my thumbs until I got to spend a few with Rich out on the picnic bench smoking a butt. Nice older Italian gentleman stopped by to talk to Rich and commented on the "nice gun" I was OC'ing.

Rich had a gentleman come in, fresh back from NV that wanted a gun shipped back from there for him. He commented on carrying and noticed I was OC'ing. Since Rich and Deb were really busy I explained the laws in PA (he had no clue) about OC'ing, getting into vehicles afterwards etc etc. An older gentleman came out with the comment "expect to get hassled if you OC" to which both Rich and I chimed in about the new training memo ... to say he was interested in the new info was an understatement. Found out he is an ex-cop that was trained to stop and question ANYONE carrying a weapon ... man did we open his eyes!

Ran out of butts and had to walk across 611 (with traffic backed up as far as you could see) to get some ...... while traffic did let me across with no problems I didn't see one set of bulging eyeballs and now one screamed so I don't think the gun helped. Same coming back across to Warners.... and this with more NJ & NY license plates than anyone would want to see.

Finally got a few minutes with Rich, bought some ammo and decided it was time to 'take the back roads' home ... Tootie and the boy had left for a family thing and I was beat.

Made one more stop at a yard sale before hitting home, nice guy .. had a nice glass chess set for $5 and we talked about the coming rain, nothing more.

Finally home after 5 hours 'looking for deals' .. not one comment, not one complaint, no one told me to get off their property .... amazing.

Tomorrow part two, early up and out to the Saylorsburg flea market, then to pick up tomato plants at the nursery and finally a stop at Lowes to get more mulch to finish the front yard ... Maybe tomorrow someone will think I am some 'lunatic with a gun' but at this point I doubt it, damn Monroe county is boring!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: The OH SO Boring DC Dalton OC Log

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Out of the house at 8am ...

So I stopped at the local convenience store and got butts. .....

Ran out of butts and ......

Finally home after 5 hours 'looking for deals'
    Damn you smoke too much.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    Damn you smoke too much.
    Yeah well, if that's my only vice so be it

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Yeah well, if that's my only vice so be it
    So I guess I could not corrupt your other (morning) vice with some fresh roast, fresh grind?
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Monroe County)

Sounds about right.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Mercer County)

*yawn*

Yet another "nothing happened" thread about OCing.

Great report!

***Yawn***

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I took prescription sleeping pills that didn't have that effect!

(Luzerne County)

Yep... I stopped updating my log becasue it was boring..

Believe it or not, Mrs. Pa. started OC'ing this weekend... {never thought I would see the day...}
    lol - your yard sale entry reminded me.

She will surely start her own log soon as I think she is hooked.

Oh.... Shhhh! I wasn't supposed to tell
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; May 24th, 2009 at 01:30 AM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Geeze, I was refered to as a "gun rights activist" at the New Freedom Rutters store and the female coworker of the male employee ( who I first met at OCDO) had the bug eyes. If I was OCing, I think she would have crapped herself. Yesterday I freaked a female neighbor of mine out about my carry habits ( though she is still living in MD so I can forgive that LOL). I dunno about if I solo OC'd around the SYC area if all the women are gonna act like this...

I could probably have a very interesting OC log though...
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Lackawanna County)

When I do the yard sale thing, I also OC...and it has led to many 'I have some guns for sale' surprises...Wayne County is good for that...
    Last edited by wa3ra; May 24th, 2009 at 01:03 AM.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast