Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Anyone here go tanning?

Does anyone here go tanning? Have any advice?

I'm going away for a while to a very very hot and sunny place and I want to get something rolling so when I arrive I don't get decimated.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Chester County)

Default Re: Anyone here go tanning?

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Does anyone here go tanning? Have any advice?

I'm going away for a while to a very very hot and sunny place and I want to get something rolling so when I arrive I don't get decimated.
    Here is my advise- Skip the tanning. Go buy some SPF-70. The stuff is super thick but it works well. I used it in the Bahammas and Punta Canna with no problems. (Yeah, I'm a pale Irish guy )

(Monroe County)

Both my girls go to that tanning place next to Cluck U Chicken by WalMart in E'Burg. They have told me that you can pay as you go or a membership. There are also different levels of the tanning process that you can do. They sometimes have a special for $10.00 per week and I believe it is for unlimited tans for that week.

(Northampton County)

I've also been thinking of going tanning, to even out the unfortunate tan lines I get working as a mail carrier.

But I don't know how to go about doing it. So I could use some advice, too...
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by box3876 View Post
    Both my girls go to that tanning place next to Cluck U Chicken by WalMart in E'Burg. They have told me that you can pay as you go or a membership. There are also different levels of the tanning process that you can do. They sometimes have a special for $10.00 per week and I believe it is for unlimited tans for that week.
    I know that one. I think they're all pretty much the same. Different levels, beds and booths. The only difference is the price and specials etc. I've been googling the ones in our area to find the best.

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    I've also been thinking of going tanning, to even out the unfortunate tan lines I get working as a mail carrier.

But I don't know how to go about doing it. So I could use some advice, too...

I'll let you know as much as I find out. I want to find a booth so I can go buck naked = no tan lines at all. It's better, you just stand naked in the booth for 5-20 minutes depending on what you're looking for and then get dressed and walk out. My friend works at a tanning salon and she said never to go naked on the beds, even though they use sterilizers, some places just use a wet rag to wipe down the beds after each use. Often people become very sweaty while in these contraptions. I think the booth is the overall better option, more effective, and alot more clean.

I guess you need to talk to each individual tanning place because from what I've come away from my research with is, there is no industry standard as to what "levels" there are, its just a money making scheme. A level 5 at one place might only be as good as a level 3 at another. You need to find out the wattage and BVU's or whatever they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Lehigh County)

Figured this might help if there is one near you................

For $20 a month you get a gym membership PLUS unlimited tanning and they have lay down and stand up beds/booths...... thats cheaper than alot of tanning places even charge for just tanning...

www.planetfitness.com
    ~De-Animating the undead since '08~

Wow, never knew so many men went tanning..kinda scary

Take that 20 bucks, grab some ice, a 12 pack, grab a towel, a cooler, load the iPod of with some good tunes, and go out back!! Unless of course you dont have a back to out to.
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the mastery of it

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjames_71 View Post
    Wow, never knew so many men went tanning..kinda scary

Take that 20 bucks, grab some ice, a 12 pack, grab a towel, a cooler, load the iPod of with some good tunes, and go out back!! Unless of course you dont have a back to out to.
    Really, WTF is wrong with you girls....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post
    Here is my advise- Skip the tanning. Go buy some SPF-70. The stuff is super thick but it works well. I used it in the Bahammas and Punta Canna with no problems. (Yeah, I'm a pale Irish guy )

I second that one. My ancestry is half-Mexican and I almost never burn, always get a nice rich tan if I'm out in the sun a lot. But ya know what? Mom had breast cancer, dad had skin cancer. I use the highest MF'ing SPF I can get my hands on.

(Bucks County)

Better put a sock over your junk or youll get nut cancer.....

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast