Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs up Good News for Wisconsin

For years if you open carried your were automatically arrested for disorderly conduct. After two case in Milwaukee County that made 2 different police Dept.s look bad the State Attorney General released this to the Press today.

""The Wisconsin Department of Justice (the Department) believes that the mere open carrying of a firearm by a person, absent additional facts and circumstances, should not result in a disorderly conduct charge from a prosecutor."
    Here is a link for the whole thing.
    http://www.doj.state.wi.us/news/file...nCarryMemo.pdf
    This is a good start on clearing up wrong ideas.
    Now I have two problems Which Pistol and what Holester
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Good News for Wisconsin

Good to hear. Maybe one day the people that run that state will actually allow you to choose between open and concealed carry.

(Monroe County)

Outstanding for you guys

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

also Georgia Carry's Hammer(aka John Monroe) has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit up there

GCO member Jesus Gonzalez was arrested not once, but twice, for openly carrying a firearm in a state that has no law against unlicensed open carry. Rather than sitting back while his rights are trample, Gonzalez has filed a lawsuit against several police officers and two cities for the illegal arrests. The complaint, filed in federal district court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, may be viewed here.

The lawsuit was made possible by a generous grant from Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership.

(Luzerne County)

Just posted the article from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel about this... GLAD to hear it.....

FINALLY the politicians are getting into the 20th century..... next... get them into the 21st...lol

Fired off an email to our co. Sheriff. He has already started training for open carry calls. Not quite sure what that means but it sounds good.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Our hippocritical Gov. Doyle came out today and said Open carry was a bad idea. What the news story did not say was that the last time Gov. Doyle veto'd the conceal carry law he said it was not necessary because Wisconsin was an open carry state and citizens should carry if they wanted to. The asshat.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz2720 View Post
    Our hippocritical Gov. Doyle came out today and said Open carry was a bad idea. What the news story did not say was that the last time Gov. Doyle veto'd the conceal carry law he said it was not necessary because Wisconsin was an open carry state and citizens should carry if they wanted to. The asshat.
    That'd piss me off to no small extent. What an ass!

(Philadelphia County)

That's excellent news!!! Congrats. I think it will now force the state to think more about concealed carry permit, especially if more people begin to OC.

Al

(Lackawanna County)

Good to hear that that debacle was finally fixed. As far as the pistol/holster suggestion, I will suggest a retention holster for your future OCing. Have fun carrying.