Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need to vent !

(Lancaster County)

Default Need to vent !

So today at work I was written up by my boss. Here is the kicker...... I was written up for telling my boss what I was doing. I have now been told I am not allowed to tell my boss what I am working on anymore. I am to keep her in the dark about what im doing. I can talk to my bosses boss , but not my boss. The funniest thing is the write up was from my boss,lol.
    I came about 30 seconds from being fired because I told them that was just plain dumb.
    I doubt im going to make it past the 90 day probation period. I cant stand work politics.
    No longer posting

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Need to vent !

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    So today at work I was written up by my boss. Here is the kicker...... I was written up for telling my boss what I was doing. I have now been told I am not allowed to tell my boss what I am working on anymore. I am to keep her in the dark about what im doing. I can talk to my bosses boss , but not my boss. The funniest thing is the write up was from my boss,lol.
    I came about 30 seconds from being fired because I told them that was just plain dumb.
    I doubt im going to make it past the 90 day probation period. I cant stand work politics.
    I would talk to human resources if you have not already. You should have a meeting with you, your boss, and somebody from HR to clarify the write up and explain in more detail, your job description, job duties, and figure out your company's twisted chain of command. This is my opinion and advice as someone who has worked for a large corporation.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Lancaster County)

Her boss/my big boss was there during the write up. He told me right in front of her that she is not to know what im working on. This is the dumbest report structure ive ever worked with. She is my boss , but they have whats called a dotted line reporting. So , i report to her but I also report ( dotted line ) to 3 other people. When I questioned who I am to go to with things I was told it would be her unless it was something I was working on. Talk about confusing. I figure if I get fired atleast I can collect unemployment, lol.
    No longer posting

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    WTF, I haved worked for several major corporations and not once did the boss say I could not tell them what I was doing. Most bosses don't want you talking to their bosses for fear of telling them different stories from what they tell their bosses.

Boy am I glad I don't have to work for a company anymore. The way I used to be I would last 1 day.

(Monroe County)

You should really just slip on the steps and go out on WC and sue them civilly. Then you won't have to deal with the office politics anymore

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Allegheny County)

This just sounds retarded, I've never heard of company working like this. Out of curiosity what type of work do you do if you don't mind saying?
    - "If guns are outlawed, only the zombies will have guns"

i dont know how you guys can go through all of this shit, my dad was a teacher for upper darby HS for 36 years, he had to retire before he got fired. thank god i work for myself, but then again, i do get pissed off at myself and make myself stay home for a couple of days
    FJB

(York County)

so basically your boss isn't your boss? That is seriously the dumbest thing I've ever heard. so what does this "person who is your boss but can't know what your doing" do? this makes no sense.

(Lackawanna County)

LOL Im sorry that you have to deal with that, but seriously where do these people come up with this shit?
    365 policies a year!
    I can hardly begin to wrap my mind around the need for that!

When I worked at Kane Is Able (trucking co) I loaded trucks all day with forklift. We had an open door policy, you can talk to anyone about your problem, even the head of the company. Phone #s are all listed in the lobby.
    One day a guy had enough with his supervisor, and called the owner of the company (bypassing several managers) and bitched. Dick Kane came down like a hurricane on the super and set things right.
    New policy: Talk to Dick Kane and your FIRED! But we still have an open door policy when Dick asks!
    You cant even talk to him when he tours the warehouse. They said if he says "Hi", nod and smile then drive away.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Lancaster County)

I work in the retail industry. I was hired and told I was reporting to the store manager, then it was changed to the operations manager with a dotted line to a regional , divisional and the store manager. I was told today I was not to tell the ops manager what I was working on, I could only tell the regional but not the ops or store manager. When I asked why am I reporting to someone I cant even tell what Im doing I was told thats just how it is.
    I refused to sign the write up and told them they should just fire me now. I was told that was not the decision.
    This all came about because I questioned my 60 day review. It does no use to contact HR because my "bosses" are over HR.
    No longer posting

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast