Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default GREAT ARTICLE FROM ROMANIA/9-11

WOW!!!

From a Romanian Newspaper

We rarely get a chance to see another country's editorial about the USA

Read this excerpt from a Romanian Newspaper. The article was written by Mr. Cornel Nistorescu and published under the title 'C'ntarea Americii, meaning 'Ode To America ') in the Romanian newspaper Evenimentulzilei 'The Daily Event' or 'News of the Day'.

~ An Ode to America ~

Why are Americans so united? They would not resemble one another even if you painted them all one color! They speak all the languages of the world and form an astonishing mixture of civilizations and religious beliefs.

On 9/11, the American tragedy turned three hundred million people into a hand put on the heart. Nobody rushed to accuse the White House, the Army, or the Secret Service that they are only a bunch of losers. Nobody rushed to empty their bank accounts. Nobody rushed out onto the streets nearby to gape about.

Instead the Americans volunteered to donate blood and to give a helping hand.

After the first moments of panic , they raised their flag over the smoking ruins, putting on T-shirts, caps and ties in the colors of the national flag. They placed flags on buildings and cars as if in every place and on every car a government official or the president was passing. On every occasion, they started singing: 'God Bless America !'

I watched the live broadcast and rerun after rerun for hours listening to the story of the guy who went down one hundred floors with a woman in a wheelchair without knowing who she was, or of the Californian hockey player, who gave his life fighting with the terrorists and prevented the plane from hitting a target that could have killed other hundreds or thousands of people.

How on earth were they able to respond united as one human being? Imperceptibly, with every word and musical note, the memory of some turned into a modern myth of tragic heroes. And with every phone call, millions and millions of dollars were put into collection aimed at rewarding not a man or a family, but a spirit, which no money can buy. What on earth can unites the Americans in such way? Their land? Their history? Their economic Power? Money? I tried for hours to find an answer, humming songs and murmuring phrases with the risk of sounding commonplace, I thought things over, I reached but only one conclusion... Only freedom can work such miracles.

Cornel Nistorescu

(This deserves to be passed around the Internet forever.) It took a person on the outside - looking in - to see what we take for granted!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

(Chester County)

Default Re: GREAT ARTICLE FROM ROMANIA/9-11

(Northampton County)

Kimba I owe you some rep.

I think everyone should be required to read articles like this. Americans don't realize how different this country is from every other one. This is the one country in the world that no matter where you come from or what color you are, if you become a citizen you are an American.

If you move to Germany or France and become a citizen, that doesn't make you German or French. You are still an American living in their country.

Even with the examples of racism through our history, no other country can say that we accept so many different people and welcome them to the fold.

It's sad that so many people around the world would love to come to America and live their life in freedom while so many Americans are pushing to be more like Europe.

Personally (and don't jump all over me for this because it is simply my opinion not a policy that will be implimented) I think that if you don't actually appreciate the freedoms we have and want a more European system, you should pack your bags and move to Europe.

I'm sure there are plenty of people there who would gladly trade lives for a chance to live here. If you don't like freedom and want the government to take care of you, I'll pitch in to buy your ticket outta here.

(Beaver County)

Great article!

Freedom is worth living and dying for.

However we as a nation also have a history of the "sleeping giant".
    I just pray our waking up isn't too late, or approached with a laisse faire attitude, or that sensible people are out numbered.

There is so much to do!
    there are bills right now being looked at to take our rights and others to restore our rights
    and the following threads have info for people to call and write to.
    If we don't get active, not only will our debt grow, our rights will deteriorate.

Fight the battle with the pen and phone and make your voice be heard!

go to these threads:
    Rep Roher’s PA Firearm Freedom ACT (FFA)

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...rs-page-6.html

Rep Pyle’s parking lot bill

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...us-page-2.html

The BIG one – Rep Scott Perry’s HB 40, the Stand Your Ground bill commonly referred to as the Castle Doctrine.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ease-read.html

2009 Fall legislative Harrisburg lobbying event –open to all PAFOA

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...all-pafoa.html

Dont let the Founding Fathers legacy fall in our lifetime!!!!
    Last edited by MrsMtnJack; September 14th, 2009 at 08:55 PM.
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock