Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Talking Mrs Plinker's First Gun

Today was a very big day in the Plinker household. Mrs. Plinker bought her very first gun. She first went shooting with me when we were dating, way back in 1981. We have been married for 24 years now, and she has shot my guns on numerous occasions. But after a long process of discussion, thought, and who knows what else, she made that big step towards not always depending on me to be there for her. Last week she took a firearms course, which boosted her confidence tremendously, and today she plunked her money down on a S&W M&P 9c, just like the one I bought last week. She really liked the way it shot.

Next on her list is her LTCF application, which she is ready to file. She will be with me again at the OC lunch, but I don't think she is ready for OC yet. Maybe next time.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Mrs Plinker's First Gun

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Today was a very big day in the Plinker household. Mrs. Plinker bought her very first gun. She first went shooting with me when we were dating, way back in 1981. We have been married for 24 years now, and she has shot my guns on numerous occasions. But after a long process of discussion, thought, and who knows what else, she made that big step towards not always depending on me to be there for her. Last week she took a firearms course, which boosted her confidence tremendously, and today she plunked her money down on a S&W M&P 9c, just like the one I bought last week. She really liked the way it shot.

Next on her list is her LTCF application, which she is ready to file. She will be with me again at the OC lunch, but I don't think she is ready for OC yet. Maybe next time.
    Congrats to her. What's next -- get her out to some IDPA matches? She might like it (but then the ammo bills start to skyrocket -- uh oh

I'm still trying to get my wife to come to the range with me often but so far she's not super interested in it. We don't have 24 years together yet so maybe down the road. I have nothing but patience 'cause I figure sooner or later she'll come around.

(Monroe County)

Yet another name added to the rolls Great to hear!

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Well Philly, you met her briefly, or at least passed her at the range. That experience down at the gun club was a real confidence builder for her. Virtually all of it was a review from things I had taught her, but it did her good to hear it from an instructor who is qualified in his business.

Patience is a real plus when it comes to wives.

Here is a scary part of the story though. She is the bookkeeper for my business. We just bought her a gun, she is confident in using it now. She is doing the receipts for the business taxes, and she says, what is this hotel bill for TWO guests!?!

"But...but...but! I never HAD a guest in my room!"

Not to worry says she, it was the bill for the room we got for our daughter and her husband the night of their wedding!

So I got her back. I told her if I DID have a guest, I would not be stupid enough to put the receipt in the box.

(Luzerne County)

tell her i said hi. and good luck with the new gun....
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Pictures, need pictures . . . . LOL
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

Okay, here we go. Mrs. Plinker is not exactly a camera person, but she condescended to let me take the following picture.

Norman, we will look forward to seeing the two of you in Palmyra. She is not sure she wants to OC yet, and she is in the process of getting her permit, so you might have to look at mine, which I will have. She is joking about getting hers Duracoated to tell it from mine - any color at all except pink she says.

(Philadelphia County)

Congrats to Mrs. plinker....now it's time to go out and start bustin' some caps !!

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele