Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st time OCing

Default Re: 1st time OCing

Good job on your first time out, and good report!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    But the 2 guys in the car talked about it the whole time we were there and kept watching me. Even as we left he watched us leave. Over all it went well I will have to try it another time in a little busier area.
    I always wonder about people like this. What are they going to do? Like a hard stare or constant attention will gain them some sort of an advantage? This kind of thing gets people killed in the city. Of course, I know where Hamlin is, so you probably don't have too much in the way of gang activity there - at least for now.

(Lackawanna County)

I don't see the difference between sob holster or hip. Both are out in the open and can be plainly seen. But like I said I usually conceal with that holster. I just told the wife today that I would be buying a hip holster. Probably a fobus on the belt holster. There are not many that fit my gun.

(Monroe County)

I don't see the difference between sob holster or hip. Both are out in the open and can be plainly seen. But like I said I usually conceal with that holster. I just told the wife today that I would be buying a hip holster. Probably a fobus on the belt holster. There are not many that fit my gun.
    What they are getting at is a retention issue. Open carrying in the small of your back, leaves you vulnerable to having your weapon taken from behind. Your arm is not over it, you are not constantly eyeballing someone standing behind you, .......... One of the main concerns you need to have while OC'ing is retention. People who CC don't have the added worry of someone trying to snatch their firearm out of it's holster. There are simple fixes for this, such as a good retention holster, but carrying in the small of your back leaves you very vulnerable

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Lackawanna County)

My dumb brothers in law always try to get mine out when they are behind me. Unless they are pulling the gun straight out it will not budge. And if I turn the way they are pulling they can't even get close to getting it out. They said the same thing...they also forget I used to wrestle and can out manuever them anytime. It is a retention holster from Galco though.

(Monroe County)

My dumb brothers in law always try to get mine out when they are behind me. Unless they are pulling the gun straight out it will not budge. And if I turn the way they are pulling they can't even get close to getting it out. They said the same thing...they also forget I used to wrestle and can out manuever them anytime. It is a retention holster from Galco though.
    Maybe it's just me, but that seems like a good way to get someone accidentally shot........

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Lackawanna County)

I know...I have told them a few times to cut the crap. The only saving grace is the safety is always on, and the trigger can not bu touched while in the holster. The only real time they have actually tried to take it out was to say it was a bad way to wear the gun. But with the retention screw and the tight fit it doesn't come out THAT easy. They all like hip holsters.

My brothers-in-law can be stupid at times, but they are not this stupid. I think if someone like that tried it more than once, they would be sporting a few damaged teeth.

(Montgomery County)

No offense.. but you have to put these jokers in their place.. Not funny at all if somehow, I don't care how unlikely, the firearm discharges into your spine or wherever. Even if you are confident in your safety and holster, that is simply unacceptable and the behavior stopped before someone gets hurt badly.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    My brothers-in-law can be stupid at times, but they are not this stupid. I think if someone like that tried it more than once, they would be sporting a few damaged teeth.
    I've had two of my friends think they're smartasses and attempt it. One ended up with a bloody nose; the other with a badly bruised arm after he basically "ate" the ground.

I take retention seriously. If you attempt to take my weapon, you're gonna get the shit beaten out of you. If that doesn't work....well....then God help you!

-38SnubFan

Yep, I oc with a SOB first thing when the dogs go out, after that it's a pocket or OWB fobus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12