Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: I am still steamed about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    It's likely that as soon as he completes the condition of his Family Service Plan, they will close the case and he can get his guns back.

LycanalthoughIdon'tknowthedetailsthrope
    If someone picks on him again with Child and Youth sometime down the road, and his gun was discovered, would they howl about 'violation of an earlier condition' and rake him over the coals?

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Update: they did the right thing

Quote Originally Posted by Tokamak View Post
    Ok, at a bday party today I found out that a second judge ruled that even though the child and youth felt threatened by my nephew having a gun - he is allowed to have it.

However the judge said, "I have my personal feelings about guns but legally he has a right."

So he has his gun back.
    Good to hear that a second judge has some sense about him. It's refreshing to hear that even though the judge sounds anti-gun, he still recognizes that he must uphold the law, not his personal opinions.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Update: they did the right thing

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    Good to hear that a second judge has some sense about him. It's refreshing to hear that even though the judge sounds anti-gun, he still recognizes that he must uphold the law, not his personal opinions.
    ^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: I am still steamed about this.

As a former case manager (years ago) I saw so many times that the men got the short end of the stick. This has just gotten even more so since NO Fault divorce came into PA.
    The children have been forgotten (again IMHO) since the sexual revolution of the 60s. Both men and women should held responsible for their actions.
    No one should have their guns removed because someone is afraid of guns. Our 2nd rights should over shadow another's unfounded fears.
    I had one family where the man would wait outside of the courthouse and then follow me in his car for a couple of hours. I did not go near where I lived for fear of my families safety. This did not stop till I drive into the parking lot of the PA State Police. So I do see both sides.
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. James 4:17]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12