Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: OC at the Lehigh Valley Mall in Whitehall?

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Dumb-assed places to openly carry a handgun checklist:

Schools...check

Post Office...check

Malls...check

TOUCHE'

Well played sir.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Mercer County)

I agree with PaPatriot. Carry where you normally go. It's a smart way to get into OCing. By going to the local gas station, the grocery store, etc., you walk past people who already know you and are comfortable with you. They are about 834% less likely to get concerned (or possibly freak out) when they see a gun.

This is a great way to avoid the "negetive attention and extra bs."

Heck, I think you'll find that the vast majority of people you encounter won't even notice the thing. So many people carry phones, utility tools, etc. on their hips that guns simply "blend in." Of course, if you're carrying a shiny, full-frame 1911 then that changes things a bit.
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Northampton County)

I will always CC to LV mall. If I have to go there it is because I need something from there and not willing to go looking some place else. Besides, I know the sister of the woman that was killed there a few years ago. Well, maybe more like SOME years ago now.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Montgomery County)

Basically every mall you will go to, posted or not, will have some sort of "no weapons" policy which extends over your OC rights.

I doubt they will ever prosecute someone for trespassing. Either they will circle around you and say nothing, or eject you (with or without the boys/girls in blue).

In either case, expect the worst hope for the best.

Or CC.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunMan21 View Post
    Anyone OC at the Lehigh Valley Mall in Whitehall? I dont know what their policy is.....

anyone have any problems there? Im seriously starting to consider OC'ing and I figure the LV mall is the most crowded place I could go to. To be honest I'm a little nervous, I dont like negetive attention and extra bs, but I figure if I can make it through there I can make it through anywhere.
    Not for nothing, but when you say you want to OC at the "most crowded place i could go to", then follow it with "to be honest im a little nervous, I don't like negative attention and extra bs" it's probably not a good idea to do it. You need to be versed in the legalities of OC before you go out into public IMO, just to cover your own ass. You don't want to have your rights trampled on I assume? Nobody does. So go ahead and look at the top of the open carry sub forum and check out the sticky "what i need to know before OC'ing". Learn it, love it, live it. No regrets. I don't remember what happened last night I was too drunk tee hee hahah hehehe.. Oh wait forget the last part, I was just watching jersey shore. Seriously though, start out going to places you normally go, where people recognize you. You become more comfortable, then start going to places you don't normally go to. I think your plan is like taking yourself out of the fire and into the frying pan so to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    I was always there with the GF so I was CC...I did take off my jacket, sitting in Bravo once and the mother at the table across from me sat there and stared at me for a good hour, but otherwise no OC. This has pretty much been covered at this point. I wouldn't violate mall ninja policy. They also usually have officers walking around that mall. I saw one once who was carrying a nice 1911.

Also, don't OC to the Army/Navy Store over there....actually, just don't go there at all.
    does army/navy store give oc`ers the boot??

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dustdevil View Post
    does army/navy store give oc`ers the boot??
    They have on several occasions.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Lebanon County)

I'm not big into OC just because of the attention that it always attracts but I will ALWAYS carry concealed. I carry concealed every time I walk in that place.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    I was always there with the GF so I was CC...I did take off my jacket, sitting in Bravo once and the mother at the table across from me sat there and stared at me for a good hour, but otherwise no OC. This has pretty much been covered at this point. I wouldn't violate mall ninja policy. They also usually have officers walking around that mall. I saw one once who was carrying a nice 1911.

Also, don't OC to the Army/Navy Store over there....actually, just don't go there at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    They have on several occasions.
    I went into that Army Navy store today to transfer my new (to me) Sig Mosquito. I was OCing my G32, noone said anything except pedaler73.(I bought the pistol from him)
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by rscheckler View Post
    I'm not big into OC just because of the attention that it always attracts ....
    I rarely receive any attention (good or bad) for OC. Just sayin.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast