Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: New(ish) Pistol Range in Philadelphia

We do allow reloads, despite words to the contrary. I use reloads in there all the time.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Philadelphia County)

reloads are allowed 100%. thats all i shoot

(Delaware County)

Do they have a minium age for shooters with a parent?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Philadelphia County)

The minimum age we recommend is twelve, but maturity and ability to focus are also an important part of the equation.

We have had some very mature ten year old shooters here who did very well, we recommend not going below age ten for indoor range shooting because of the pressure waves.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunRangePhilly View Post
    The minimum age we recommend is twelve, but maturity and ability to focus are also an important part of the equation.

We have had some very mature ten year old shooters here who did very well, we recommend not going below age ten for indoor range shooting because of the pressure waves.
    Thanks for the quick reply. My daughter is only nine and won't be ten untill October. I may stop in with my brother just because I have been hearing very good things about you guys. I also like the attitude you have shown throughout this thread.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by beex215 View Post
    reloads are allowed 100%. thats all i shoot
    Well all their employees aren't on the same page. They told me last might "No reloads". I would have bought my membership last night if it want for being told that.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCBaldr View Post
    The Krav Maga that Udi offers really doesn't play that huge a part in the facility. It just appears that way if you base perceptions only on the website and the facebook page. Krav Maga classes meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7-9 PM. The first class is free, so you can take one and see whether you like it or not. Its not the thing for everybody, but some really appreciate it. There are some avid shooters in that class as well.
    The fact is that numerous posts have been made that acknowledged my criticism, but fail to actually address the issue. Instead of simply stating whatever the credentials/etc are (I guess there truly are none?), there have been numerous mentions of a trial class. That has nothing to do with the point.

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Re: New(ish) Pistol Range in Philadelphia

Stopped in just a couple days ago and liked the atmosphere. Guys were nice and I even got to see a Blackberry destroyed with a Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum. Just wondering if they let customers shoot steel cased ammo. That's the questions that I get from people that want to go shoot. Being that there is a shortage of brass rounds available I'm hoping that they do.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Operator0326 View Post
    Stopped in just a couple days ago and liked the atmosphere. Guys were nice and I even got to see a Blackberry destroyed with a Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum. Just wondering if they let customers shoot steel cased ammo. That's the questions that I get from people that want to go shoot. Being that there is a shortage of brass rounds available I'm hoping that they do.
    I have shot aluminum and steel cased ammo there in the past month or so with no problem. Never "officially" asked but I personally don't know of any range that prohibits it's use. What's the reasoning behind banning it anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Operator0326 View Post
    Sure, bring as much steel cased ammo as you like. Its just the bullet material and configuration that matters. Jacketed lead is best, lead ball is fine too, solid copper is fine. Anything with a steel core is a problem though, Especially in rifle rounds. Anything but steel cored bullets, tracers, incendiary, high explosive, armor piercing and high explosive armor piercing bullets. Aside from that anything goes.

Talk to Yuri if you have any electronics you'd like to bring and shoot.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast