Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 😲 Historic SS United States is ordered out of its berth in Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Are we sure it's not?
    I know I'm not.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: 😲 Historic SS United States is ordered out of its berth in Philadelphia.

Also, I think she us too far gone to reasonably bring back to anything useful

(Bucks County)

One of the articles I read said it would cost $50 million just to repair the hull and $700 million to fully restore the ship. Considering the conservancy makes about $1 million in donations and barely breaks even just having the ship docked this ship was never going to be restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    One of the articles I read said it would cost $50 million just to repair the hull and $700 million to fully restore the ship. Considering the conservancy makes about $1 million in donations and barely breaks even just having the ship docked this ship was never going to be restored.
    There are nearly 1000 billionaires in this country. I'm not one of them at the moment but perhaps someone who is could simply gift it. Lord knows some of them waste plenty more on useless shit like the re-elect Joe Biden fund.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Excommunicated View Post
    There are nearly 1000 billionaires in this country. I'm not one of them at the moment but perhaps someone who is could simply gift it. Lord knows some of them waste plenty more on useless shit like the re-elect Joe Biden fund.
    LOL! You won*t be a billionaire long if you throw $700 million down every rat hole you stumble across. I*m sorry the administrators of the conservancy are going to have to go find real jobs, but life is tough all over.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Excommunicated View Post
    But why would or should they? It's just an old fucking boat.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    But why would or should they? It's just an old fucking boat.
    Why don't we bulldoze Independence Hall and slap up some condos? It's just an old fucking building.

(Chester County)

I think it needs to be broke up and the steel used to make a couple of Destroyers and call them the United States Class. Name the first one USS United States after one of the original first six Frigates. USS Congress, USS President, USS Constellation, USS Chesapeake and USS Constitution. The catch though is they have to be designed to fight and win and be tough as nails not just appear to be cool looking like those useless "Littoral ships" some azzwipe that took deliveries in the rear designed and now decommissioned.

USS United States was a wooden-hulled, three-masted heavy frigate of the United States Navy and the first of the six original frigates authorized for construction by the Naval Act of 1794. Joshua Humphreys designed the frigates to be the young Navy's capital ships, and so United States and her sisters were larger and more heavily armed and built than standard frigates of the period. She was built at Humphrey's shipyard in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and launched on 10 May 1797 [6] and immediately began duties with the newly formed United States Navy protecting American merchant shipping during the Quasi-War with France.
    https://military-history.fandom.com/..._States_(1797)
    Diversity is the greatest weakness, excellence is the greatest strength. JPC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234