Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Lawrence County)

Default Darn Lawrence County sheriff...

So my buddy just bought his first firearm for carry purposes. (a GEORGEOUS Springfield armory 1911 A1) I'm jealous. AAAAAAANYWAYS... before he bought the gun, he got his ltcf. He got the same form letter I got, and posted here a while back, which makes it SOUND like carrying a firearm openly after recieving the ltcf was illegal!

I quickly dispatched his fears, because that's his intended style of carry. I gave him all the information i could find on here about the situation, and he seemed satisfied with that. Well, i guess his wife got to him because he called the sheriffs office after i spoke with him. Quickly after his chat with the sheriff, he called me back almost in a hissy fit. He started screaming about how the sheriff told him that if he open carries in the county of lawrence, the police WILL ARREST HIM, CHARGE HIM WITH A MISDEMEANER, AND REVOKE HIS LTCF!!!! And how he got very upset about the topic. I guess the sheriff isn't very open carry friendly. My friend said he read that open carry was legal in PA to the sheriff, and his responce was, "don't believe everything you read."

I wanted to contact the sheriff myself, and maybe get him on the right track of open carry friendliness, but I'm not a very good wordsmith like some of the people here are. If you could either help me out by giving me suggestions as to what i could say to him, or if you want to contact him yourselves, go for it. It's the Lawrence County Sheriffs office.

Sheriff Perry L. Quahliero
    430 Court Street
    New Castle, PA 16101
    724-658-2541
    Last edited by Bmarshall91; March 2nd, 2010 at 02:28 AM. Reason: had to edit to correct a false statement.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"