Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: North Sewickley Township to Consider Gun Ban!

Well folks, here's some new info on this. I spoke to my dad earlier this evening. He lives just down the road from the Twp. building.

Mind you, this is information that has been given to me 2nd or 3rd hand so, trust but verify.

My dad called the Twp. today to feel them out prior to the meeting. He spoke to one of the Twp. supervisors whom he has had conversations with in the past. According to the Supervisor, some of the supervisors/twp. residents were concerned about people attending the Twp. meetings while carrying firearms. (I may be presuming OC but, don't know for certain). The supervisors expressed concern to the Twp. police chief, who, in turn contacted the Sheriff's office and County Courthouse and were told to pass an ordinance prohibiting possession on Twp. property.

Also, according to the Supervisor, the Twp.'s phone has been ringing off the hook w/ folks informing them that this is a statutory no-no. As such, after researching it further, the Twp. is planning to rescind the proposal at the next meeting.

The Twp. will be announcing this and making a statement laying out the process and timeline as the first item on the agenda at the next meeting in order to stave off the onslaught of angry residents.

So, to everyone that took the time to contact them, well done and thank you! One person can make a difference. Especially when that one person is multiplied by many other "one persons".

However, in the interest of prudence, if you were planning on attending the next meeting, please do so and don't let this preview lull you into complacency. The ordinance isn't rescinded until it is rescinded.

And if you see a portly, dark-haired, older gentleman who looks like the guy on most pizza boxes, that will most likely be my dad. Introduce yourself to him. He's one of the most accomplished BSers in the world.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Well folks, here's some new info on this. I spoke to my dad earlier this evening. He lives just down the road from the Twp. building.

Mind you, this is information that has been given to me 2nd or 3rd hand so, trust but verify.

My dad called the Twp. today to feel them out prior to the meeting. He spoke to one of the Twp. supervisors whom he has had conversations with in the past. According to the Supervisor, some of the supervisors/twp. residents were concerned about people attending the Twp. meetings while carrying firearms. (I may be presuming OC but, don't know for certain). The supervisors expressed concern to the Twp. police chief, who, in turn contacted the Sheriff's office and County Courthouse and were told to pass an ordinance prohibiting possession on Twp. property.

Also, according to the Supervisor, the Twp.'s phone has been ringing off the hook w/ folks informing them that this is a statutory no-no. As such, after researching it further, the Twp. is planning to rescind the proposal at the next meeting.

The Twp. will be announcing this and making a statement laying out the process and timeline as the first item on the agenda at the next meeting in order to stave off the onslaught of angry residents.

So, to everyone that took the time to contact them, well done and thank you! One person can make a difference. Especially when that one person is multiplied by many other "one persons".

However, in the interest of prudence, if you were planning on attending the next meeting, please do so and don't let this preview lull you into complacency. The ordinance isn't rescinded until it is rescinded.

And if you see a portly, dark-haired, older gentleman who looks like the guy on most pizza boxes, that will most likely be my dad. Introduce yourself to him. He's one of the most accomplished BSers in the world.
    This is the secret that everyone has forgot, we have to be active, vigilant, vocal and involved with protecting our rights or expect them to be taken by our silent consent.

Thank You to everyone that has taken the time to let your voice be heard.

He's one of the most accomplished BSers in the world.
    So Sandcut you come by the talent naturally through genetics - just teasing...... thanks for the report
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    [COLOR="Blue"]
    So Sandcut you come by the talent naturally through genetics - just teasing...... thanks for the report
    Well, apples, trees, falling. You know the saying. I'm just trying like hell not to look like I belong on a pizza box.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

One has to wonder where these idiots get their inspiration.
    Their job is to run the township…ya know appropriate funds to fix pot holes and such.
    Not run peoples lives.
    I’m sure the township is such a paradise that there is nothing more pressing to be concerned with.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Beaver County)

I'm gonna post to bump this thread to remind everybody the meeting is tonight at 6:30

Anyone who's going, I'll see ya there
    Take what you can, Give nothing back

(Beaver County)

Update: It's definitely done for, they opened with saying that it wasn't happening, then later on said that it was dead, not just tabled for the time being....I'm thinking the NRA phone calls bombarded them into submission...

Good thing because by my estimate there were maybe a dozen people at most who were there for it...the vast majority that showed were there over the new zoning fees

Due to sandcut's intel I opted to CC though I printed like all hell
    Take what you can, Give nothing back

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Let them pass it. Then you can file private criminal complaints on each and every township supervisor that voted for it - Official Oppression. And while you're taking the original copy to the D.A. for him to approve or disapprove it, you furnish a copy to the local news media.
    Were do people file those at? and why do they take it to the DA to approve it or disapprove?

Sorry I am just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Indiana County)

Where do people file those at? And why do they take it to the DA to approve it or disapprove?

Sorry, I am just curious.
    You can get the form for a private criminal complaint on-line here http://www.pacourts.us/Forms/Default.htm (it's halfway down the page - you can download it as either an Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document).

You file the complaint with your local District Magistrate Judge, who then forwards it to your County District Attorney for approval or disapproval. A better discussion on such is available from the Lancaster County District Attorney's website here http://www.co.lancaster.pa.us/da/cwp...?A=13&Q=466259

On a personal note, if you're feeling froggy enough to file a PCC on a government official, you might as well be froggy enough to drop off a copy of the PCC with your local newspaper, too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123