Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Mugging in East Stroudsburg 2/20

Jcabin, If I was you I would take what he said with a grain of salt. If in fact they caught one bad guy it will make one of the nearby papers because PD`s love to show they can catch bad guys.

Maybe I`m old but I`ve heard way too many unsubstantiated tales.

(Northampton County)

Im so glad when I moved out here I did not get a place in Stroudsburg. However I did get my LTCF after I almost backed out into a high speed chase on 611 at 3am while snowplowing last year!
    Last edited by Transplant; February 22nd, 2010 at 03:01 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Ahhh, Pocono City Place....you couldn't pay me enough...
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Monroe County)

I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago, when my son had to have his appendix removed at PMC. Three in the morning, walked across to the gas station for coffee. Only:

A.) I was armed.
    and
    B.) I was aware of my surroundings.

How thick of a fog did this guy have to have been in for that to happen? There isn't any place for that many people to hide, laying in wait, between the ER and the gas station... unless maybe they magicked themselves, shadow silently, to right behind this guy... I can't even imagine, after running it over and over, how this could have happened, at that place, at that time.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago, when my son had to have his appendix removed at PMC. Three in the morning, walked across to the gas station for coffee. Only:

A.) I was armed.
    and
    B.) I was aware of my surroundings.

How thick of a fog did this guy have to have been in for that to happen? There isn't any place for that many people to hide, laying in wait, between the ER and the gas station... unless maybe they magicked themselves, shadow silently, to right behind this guy... I can't even imagine, after running it over and over, how this could have happened, at that place, at that time.
    there used to be a dumpster on the left side of the building, facing the ER, also some bushes separating the gas station from the lot behind it. I wonder if they saw him coming and hid there until they could get behind him.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    there used to be a dumpster on the left side of the building, facing the ER, also some bushes separating the gas station from the lot behind it. I wonder if they saw him coming and hid there until they could get behind him.
    IDK. Maybe I am just more aware of my surroundings. Not because I carry a gun, but because I grew up in Far Rockaway, Queens, and learned to be after I was jumped at 10. Maybe the guy grew up tending rabbits or something?...

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Monroe County)

IDK. Maybe I am just more aware of my surroundings. Not because I carry a gun, but because I grew up in Far Rockaway, Queens, and learned to be after I was jumped at 10. Maybe the guy grew up tending rabbits or something?...
    yeah...tending....thats what he called it.................IDK...I grew up here, lived in Philly for a while, worked in Jersey since about 95-96, and my awareness is pristine, of course a lot of that has to do with martial arts.

I guess some people are simply oblivious....they live in a world where guns aren't needed and a magic fruity super hero swoops down in tights to save them from mr. nasty.

(Monroe County)

It's possible he noticed the guys walking behind him, and didn't think anything of it. He appeared to be a typical sheeple. Guess where he goes right after he gets the shit beat out of him?? Of course, that is where I ran into him...

So many sheeple are anti-gun, or on the fence, then they have a brutal, near death experience, at the hands of aggressors, and the first thing they do is run to the gun shop..

Now me, at 3 am in east stroudsburg. Well, I would have been armed first off, and secondly if I saw a group of scumbags walking directly towards me I would have gripped up and quickened my pace to the gas station. Its probably about 100-125 yards from the emergency room lobby to the gas station. It's also pretty much a clear, broad view from point to point.

How this guy let himself get jumped like that is beyond me. No situational awareness apparently, and as we all know, 9 out of 10 situations can be avoided by knowing what is happening around you. Of course, if he was armed, and someone really did get the jump on him and they saw his gun, it would have been taken right away. If he had no situational awareness, he definately wouldn't have had any retention training.

Of course, a situation like this, 3v1 with a weapon(s), lethal force is clearly justified.
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

IDK. Maybe the guy grew up tending rabbits or something?...
    Rabbits can be pretty crazy sometimes. And they're fast as hell. Gotta have pretty good reflexes/ aim/ concentration to catch/ shoot/ stomp on one.
    Don't take anything I say seriously, unless I say seriously. Seriously.

(Monroe County)

Gotta agree with sublime1 vis a vis the Farms and the general area. Any of you that read the Pocono Wretched about the home invasion in Coolbaugh on 12/1 were indirectly introduced to my wife and 4 yr old daughter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast