Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Carrying an NFA Colt 6921, 6933, Who can I confirm with for PA?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    Yeah...
    My thought processes (limited as they are) equates carrying an SBR with the drive-by, gang banger mentality. Perhaps not the correct "PAFOA" mindset, but as we work to make firearms ownership and use more and more acceptable (and we're working against power political forces and an "anti-" mindset in education), I'm one to promote the responsible aspects of carry. An SBR, as cool as they are, are intimidating to a lot of folks. Carrying one concealed (which would require a long coat (such as a trench coat)) would most likely alienate rather then promote a pro-rights agenda.
    Remember the "Trench coat Mafia"? Goggle that phrase...

I'm sure I'll get chastised in response to this post (good thing Danp disabled negative repping!!!). But I just don't see "awesome" as a good reason to carry an SBR. But I sure do see more negative connotations in the general public perceptions.

This post is long enough...
    I want to carry one becuase who knows what I might be faced with these days. I may never get to it in a bad situation but if I have the time, I want the option. I will most likly keep it loaded in my car and never carry it. Would be nice if it fit in a back pack so I could take it and lock it in lockers if I had to. Would be a nice overall extra fire power for my cabin, or for when im in a less than ideal part of town. I believe a handgun if for fighting your way to a rifle and if you can legally have one in your car, why keep it further away?
    I dont think I will be faced with a Reddawn sitatution but I might be faced with something like a Katrina or Watts situation. I learned enough to know anything can happen any where at any time. I think too many people believe that they will never be in a seriously bad situation. I just want to be ready for anything...

(Jefferson County)

Just curious...why would you want to carry an SBR?

Liberty

10 characters
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Liberty

10 characters
    Well put. Rep inbound.
    It's also much better to be an evicted survivor than an obedient corpse. -GunLawyer001

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaState View Post
    I want to carry one becuase who knows what I might be faced with these days. I may never get to it in a bad situation but if I have the time, I want the option...
    If you get in that type of situation, concealed carry would be the least of your problems.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Chester County)

Just curious...why would you want to carry an SBR?
    Because I can't carry a loaded long gun in my car, even with my LTCF.

I'd rather have a loaded AR-15 with a 14" barrel in my car, than an unloaded AR-15 with a 16" barrel, or a loaded Glock 17. Sure it looks bad if you use it in self-defense, but there's no question that it's more effective than a pistol.

Or how about a Serbu Super Shorty in 20 ga.?

Even setting aside the legality issue for car carry, a 10" AR-15 with an M4 stock would be kinda neat in a large briefcase.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Delaware County)

It has to be under the overall length requirement to carry in a car, at least to my reading of the statute. The cut off is 26in, a 6933 is 26.8in so you can't do it unless you change the stock. I put my 6933 upper on a pistol lower and sometimes carry that in the truck.
    Last edited by evilfij; December 10th, 2009 at 02:14 PM.
    The above is not legal advice and is for discussion purposes only. Do not rely on anything posted. If you have a legal question, retain a lawyer.

(Chester County)

It has to have a barrel length under 16" or an OAL of under 26" to count as a "firearm" for the purposes of an LTCF.

"Firearm." Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.
    Last edited by Deadpan; December 10th, 2009 at 03:26 PM.

(Centre County)

Conceal Carry of a SBR is NOT religated to the use of an overcoat/trench coat only! As much as I don't care for 5.11 products they do have a nice bag out designed for carrying in this exact circumstance. It's called the Select Carry Sling Pack and looks like this.

Here is a video from 5.11 about how it operates.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpan View Post
    It has to have a barrel length under 16" or an OAL of under 26" to count as a "firearm" for the purposes of an LTCF.
    notice the word OR. It says OR not AND. The barrel has to be less then 16 inches OR overal under 26. It could be 40 inches as long as the barrel is under 16...

(Delaware County)

I stand corrected.
    The above is not legal advice and is for discussion purposes only. Do not rely on anything posted. If you have a legal question, retain a lawyer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123