Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default West Mifflin to Consider “Lost or Stolen”

This the same Council that tried to illegally install metal detectors, money that would be better spent elsewhere. This was where PAFOA and local gun owners united forces to stop this council illegal actions last time, looks like they need another lesson.

From: NRA-ILA_Alerts [mailto:NRA-ILA_Alerts.UM.A.1.6828@ilaalerts.org]
    Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 10:57 AM
    To: NRA-ILA_Alerts
    Subject: Borough of West Mifflin to Consider "Lost or Stolen" Ordinance Tomorrow Night!

Borough of West Mifflin to Consider “Lost or Stolen”
    Ordinance Tomorrow Night!

Please Stand Up and Make Your Voice Heard!

Tomorrow evening at 6:00 p.m. the Borough Council of West Mifflin will consider a proposal that would require gun-owners to report lost or stolen firearms within a 72-hour period or face fines and possible imprisonment.

This law would not only violate Pennsylvania ’s state preemption laws, but would also turn law-abiding gun owners, who have already been victimized by theft, into criminals.

Tomorrow’s meeting will be held on the second floor of the West Mifflin Municipal Building located at 3000 Lebanon Church Road in West Mifflin .

Please contact the members of the Borough Council of West Mifflin TODAY and respectfully urge them to oppose this unwarranted, unjust and illegal ordinance. Contact information can be found below. If you are able, please attend tomorrow’s meeting to show your support for the Second Amendment and, if possible, speak against this ill-conceived proposal.

William F. Welsh, President
    412-466-8035
    412-466-8170

Arlene F. Jabbour, Vice President
    412-466-4450
    412-466-8170

Joseph B. Falce
    412-466-5778
    412-466-8170

John T. Munsie
    412-462-8348
    412-466-8170

Richard D. Olasz
    412-462-6533
    412-466-8170

Rhonda Popovich
    412-461-9119
    412-466-8170

Regis L. Stephenson
    412-461-5157
    412-466-8170

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: West Mifflin to Consider “Lost or Stolen”

so is that meeting tomorrow as in Thursday the 15th or today as in Wed the 14th ?

(Allegheny County)

Wow. Did that just come out of the blue or something?

I missed this yesterday.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Wow. Did that just come out of the blue or something?

I missed this yesterday.
    I don't see anything about it on the Post-Gazette site...pass or fail.
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Beaver County)

Jeez they just dont get it do they, looks like they like to waste time with every thing else going on. O well its not there $$$$$. Will try to be there if i feel well enough. Mtn Jack
    Last edited by Mtn Jack; October 15th, 2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: sp
    In a world of compromise some men dont.

(Allegheny County)

Here is the report on what happen in the meeting on Oct 14

Jana Finder and Mary Beth H. of CeaseFirePA put on the dog and pony show playing the emotional cards.
    They passed out all of their fancy brochures (sure wish FOAC had their budget, to print up high quality things like they can do) It makes a differance on how the information is viewed.

Council asked question of Ceasefire PAID rep and attorney Jan Finder about how many prosecutions and as usual they didn’t know any facts. (they deal in emotions, not facts)

Several FOAC members made documented statements and asked questions of how this is going to work and why it won’t work.

What really stopped this effort was when the FOAC volunteer read the letter from (our friend) the top law enforcement in PA attorney General Tom Corbett statement this is ILLEGAL and warning everyone not to pursue this till the courts decide L&S. In a nut shell, As far as the AG office is concern it’s already settled LAW by past court decision that it’s illegal for anyone to regulate firearms other than the state legislators.

After hearing that well the solicitor (the boroughs attorney and guy that can go to jail, lose license etc if he advise council to knowlying break laws) said he has not reviewed this and advised everyone to put this on the back burners for review.

Which is where it stands for NOW, so FOAC chairmen Kim Stolfer is going to provide some additional documentation to support our positions and EDUCATE them as why this will not work or achieve the claimed proposes of the paid CeaseFirePA lobbyist say that it will.

FOAC is having a fund raiser Sat Oct 17 to use money collected to fight these kinds of efforts, FOAC is ALL volunteer's so any money raised goes all to the fight. How about supporting the cause you believe in and come have a good time and maybe win a turkey or some other prizes.

http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...-oct-17-a.html

(Allegheny County)

This matter plans to be addressed again at the Council meeting on December 15th ,2009 (Tues.). The meetings starts at 6:30 PM at the West Mifflin Borough Building. They are going to try to pass this "lost and stolen" ordinance on that date. The full ad was in the McKeesport Daily News dated December 9th,2009. I let opencarry.org know about this information as well. Mr Olasz (councilmen) will be glad to talk to anyone on this site. Again,let me repeat that council will try to pass this ordinance on the meeting date stated above.
    Thank you!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by midnite_phoenix View Post
    This matter plans to be addressed again at the Council meeting on December 15th ,2009 (Tues.). The meetings starts at 6:30 PM at the West Mifflin Borough Building. They are going to try to pass this "lost and stolen" ordinance on that date. The full ad was in the McKeesport Daily News dated December 9th,2009. I let opencarry.org know about this information as well. Mr Olasz (councilmen) will be glad to talk to anyone on this site. Again,let me repeat that council will try to pass this ordinance on the meeting date stated above.
    Thank you!

Welcome to the forum midnite_phoenix!

Thank you for posting this new information.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by midnite_phoenix View Post
    Thank you!
    Phoenix, I'd also like to thank you for signing up to post this!
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Phoenix, I'd also like to thank you for signing up to post this!
    +1

Thank you for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast