Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Exclamation Karma Giveaway - June '07

I won the last one and just thought this was a great idea, so I'm going to run another Karma Giveaway similar to Xringshooters - http://www.pafoa.org/forum/lounge-10...-giveaway.html

Karma Giveaway
    DanP,
    All PaFOA participants,

As this is my 101st posting. I am going to hijack something that I have been involved in (along with many others on the Rugerforum.com). It is called a Karma giveaway.

The way it works is that you may have something laying around that you really don't need/want anymore (doesn't have to be gun related but that is nicer) so you post a Karma thread on the site. You tell what it is you are giving away, when you will give it away, tell people to reply if interested (on the thread, not by PM), draw a name by whatever method you want, inform the membership who won, have that person PM you with a mailing/shipping address, and send it to the person. The winner does not have to do anything, no money is exchanged, nothing. Just a free gift from one member to another.

I have seen giveaways of anything from books, empty brass, handmade grips, reloading equipment (I gave away a RCBS reloading scale that I didn't use anymore), to collectibles (patches, etc.).

If members object to the name Karma, we can change it.

I will start things with a copy of Learn Gunsmithing: The Troubleshooting Method by the editors of American Gunsmith. I have 2, don't need but one, so I'll draw a lucky persons name on May 31. This should give everyone who wants to participate to post their name.

Good luck to all, remember, name gets drawn on the evening of May 31. I will post name on June 1.
    So, I looked around to see what kind of things I had an abundance of and what I'd be willing to part with. The prize I came up with for this Karma Giveaway is TWO 30 round, High Cap. AR 15 Magazines

Sorry this is specific to AR15, but maybe others could trade 'em for other stuff, or regift 'em. I know alot of people own this type of rifle, and maybe this will inspire others to continue the Karma Giveaway idea. The winner will have these mailed to them in PA free of charge.

Now for some rules for this Karma Giveaway:
    1. This is open to PAFOA members, who were members prior to the giveaway. Sorry if that don't sound fair, but I think joining to win a prize shouldn't be allowed.

2. You must be a PA resident or pick them up from me here. I don't care to get into the legalities of sending these to other states.

3. By requesting entry, You alone accept responsibility for receiving these and what you do with them from then on.

4. You must post to the thread requesting entry.

5. That you generally agree that at some time in the future you will offer some item to continue the Karma Giveaway idea, but there is no quantification of when, where, or for what.

I will have my girlfriend conduct a drawing of persons entered on June 17, 2007, and post the results in the forum. I will most likely video this and link it and/or have some PAFOA'ers watch the drawing for fairness.

Thanks and feel free to enter.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Karma Giveaway - June '07

Right now, it feels like I wouldn't recognize good luck if it bit me (been a long week and a long story)... but I'll take the chance nonetheless. The worst thing that can possiby happen is nothing. And good luck to all.

(Centre County)

Count me in! This is a great idea. I've participated in a similar "pay it forward" project and it worked great as hopefully this will.

Cheers,
    josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Philadelphia County)

Im in!!!!!!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Delaware County)

Please toss my name in the hat. Thanks!

(Bucks County)

I'm in too.

This is great idea. I've already got ideas about what I want to give away.

(Delaware County)

Sounds like fun. Put me in!

(Blair County)

add me in
    who cant use extra mags
    I just flew the Millennium Falcon through the hole in your logic 2A6X1

(Lawrence County)

I think I could find a use for those......

Good rules, too.

Lycaniwilleventuallyhaveallofdurdinsstuffthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Centre County)

Put me in too please, I can always use the extra mags.

I'm hoping that what I started will grow to the point that there are several giveaways going all the time. I know that there are folks out there that have stuff laying around that they don't want/need anymore. So, give it to a PaFOA member.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast