Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Are you available on weekends?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only Saturday

1 33.33%
  • Yes but only Sunday

0 0%
  • Yes both Saturday and Sunday

2 66.67%
  • Im so free, Heck I would do it for nothing, but I'll love those bennifits

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: The Dilemma!

Default The Dilemma!

Read the complete post before taking the poll please.

I was offered a position where I can work a second job I would love, but would need help on weekends.

Without going into too much detail, I would need some one or some people responsible enough to take my place Saturday and Sunday until about 4pm. I can almost assure you this would be an enjoyable “side line” as it involves guns.

This would be within 20 ~ 30 minutes of Pittsburgh. (Allegenhy) The main reason I would need help is that I would need to keep my full time job in order to make payments. I would probably not make much from this until the population is back to what it was, so I have to keep my job.

By now, the regulars have probably figured it out. I was offered to manage the GPGC and try and repopulate the membership. It is quite a responsibility, and I would need some good people to support me all around for this to happen.

The club has been closed for over a year, but after speaking to Tex, we believe the township and any other group governed by the government would not contest the reopening as long as he no longer participates in any of the clubs events. My understanding is that the clubs lawyers will present this week a petition to the township to reopen the club under my management. Unfortunately, both my wife and I work days and work weekends. Mind you Vicky “Sixshooter” might be there Sundays.

The club hours on weekends are generally 9am to 9pm give or take. I would need some one there 9am to 4pm.
    This is not a new development, I was offered to manage the club before it closed, but because of my night shift at the time, and then the club closing, this was far on a back burner.
    What I need to know is: who would be available to help out on weekend days. Pay would not be the best, benefits (shooting, possible rebates once the FFL is restored…) could be pretty good. Not to mention being around shooters and helping them as well as setting them up to shoot and shooting any time you want during club hours.

Any one have free time to spare for a while?
    Last edited by Frenchy; June 10th, 2007 at 11:10 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: The Dilemma!

You know where I'm at on it.

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    You know where I'm at on it.
    Sure do and I appreciate your prompt response.
    But you know i had to ask
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Sure do and I appreciate your prompt response.
    But you know i had to ask
    I just talked to the "boss" about it. I'm in for a "Sub" position.

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Centre County)

I live to far away otherwise I would say game on! Sorry Frenchy. I know you will find some good people!
    Best of luck
    Cheers.
    josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Blair County)

if i didnt' live to far away also i would be willing to lend a hand
    I just flew the Millennium Falcon through the hole in your logic 2A6X1

What i am hoping to create here, is an interest group where people can be "scheduled" at the club. This does not mean you would be there every Satyrday or Sunday, but might be there once per second weekend or once per month. In order for the club house to be open, we need some one inside to assist the clientelle.
    Frankly, I am not surprised at how many people want the club to reopen, it would be a lot of work on my part, remember there are close to 200 acres there to maintain, 100+ disk throwers. I would be spending a lot of time there my self, and I dont expect the pay to be that great at first.

This may be a case of looking for a needle in a haystack, as I know many do not have much time when it comes to weekends.. Kids and all that takes time also. but any and all help would be appreciated. Grant you, I would nto be the sole person taking the decision as to who can help me there. I do think there are a few here who could be / would be interested.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

(Westmoreland County)

My weekends are usually free. If you need someone here and there don't hesitate to ask. What's the address by the way?

The reason I am posting is that at CMU there were quite a few professors that would go there and there was also a club call Geeks With Guns and they had an organized shooting event out there every now and again. There's a mailing list for them, I'd be happy to make any announcements if necessary. I've been talking with one gentlemen in brief about PMSC but they were pretty interested in Full Auto shoots.

Let me know.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

Well, every one, I was staying quiet on the posts about GPGC opening soon, even one saying open this weekend.

As mentioned before, I was offered to take over the GPGC and was actively thinking about it. I believe it would be a great place to have opened again.
    That being said, I know at least 4 people where have asked me why I have not spoken up yet, probably half expecting me to say Come visit me at the GPGC under new management, or Next group shoot at the GPGC and as much as I would love it. I have had to re- look my situation.

First off, the GPGC would need some one with enough time to spend there to make it great again.
    Second, what happened last year is not yet finished, it is not clear what the BATF and municipality there will allow happening to the property there.
    Third, the actual status of the business/ property is not certain at this point. To reopen the gun club under any other name then Greater Pittsburgh Trap and Skeet would mean having to redraft all sorts of new licenses, permits and corporate names.
    The property apparently belongs to Tex, yet the business name belongs to “Mum” his mother.
    This being said, when I went there Sunday late afternoon to go see Tex to talk about how things would happen, the club was empty, no one there, and Tex had left the property, so I went to visit Connie and Mum.

This is where I found out that Mum is against the club re-opening, Connie will not go one the property because the DA told them should the club attempt to reopen they would restart their work there to close it again.
    Mum was actually advised by her Attorneys to “dissolve the corp. and let the whole thing sleep. She is an elderly lady, and does not need this aggravation.
    Tex is taking it upon himself to reopen the club without the family’s consent.

A few of the older members there told me they will not be there until things are settled with the club, and I said they will never be back if the club does not reopen because this would be the only way to “settle things”.

My Wife is against the Idea, but allowed me enough freedom to go see about it knowing I would love the chance to run the club.

My employer, (one of the high management) is a gun club member in the area, and I can only imagine that from this, the phrase “Bob you know, if one state denies you a permit for security, you are with out a job” probably came from the fact many know I was hoping to run the club and that if any thing went wrong, I would lose my dispatchers permits.

But the last straw was when I spoke to Mum and Connie and they certified to me that IF I took on the clubs responsibility, I would also have to deal with its past. Being a permanent resident and not a citizen, this could mean that by association, I would have to defend the club in court, and if lost, I could possibly lose my Permanent status in the USA.

So between Friends and Family, and with a little hint from corporate where I work (maybe just my imagination) in a third party phrase. And having looked long and hard at the situation, knowing that by buying into the club in anyway would involve me to the corporate name. The same name the DA wants dissolved, I have decided against taking over the club.

It is obvious I do not have the financial recourses to buy the club outright and reopen under a different corporate name, so I will decline the offer I was given.

That being said, should any one else be interested in the club, they should contact Tex directly, and then seek legal counsel to be sure of what they are getting involved in. Although we never went as far as to talk about the price of the property, Tex seems to believe he can sell the corporate name and rent the property to anyone who can financially take it over.

Hans, Woody, Bib and all the others who asked, talked and helped me take a decision here directly and indirectly, thank you.
    You now know why I must decline my self, I did go to the Club to see Tex, have not yet been able to see him, maybe in the next few days this will happen.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood