Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Defcon-1 gun shop in Coopersburg, PA

Anyone else go here for their purchases?

Last time I stopped by, they were closed, despite my arrival during normal business hours. I checked their website and it appears they have changed their name to "Defense Condition 1" and are only dealing in law enforcement/government agency sales now.

This was my favourite gun shop, they dealt exclusively in defensive/tactical firearms and equipment. I've purchased several guns from them over the past year and a half, and I don't want to see them get out of private sales. Does anyone know why they made this change of name and business policy?

If this ends up being permanent, I don't know what I'll do.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Defcon-1 gun shop in Coopersburg, PA

If my brain is still working correctly from earlier today they were bought out recently by Warners Surplus.
    I'm sure Rich will be on later this evening and confirm this or call me a freakin morning who needs to go to sleep and get his brain back in order.
    Hope that helps,
    Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Lehigh County)

Does this mean Warners will be adding a location where Defcon-1 is now (i.e. in Coopersburg)? The Defcon-1 website says they will be moving soon, so that's the most logical thing I can deduce.

And if this is the case, are the staff from Defcon-1 going to work at this new store, or are they going to work for Defense Condition One?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    If my brain is still working correctly from earlier today they were bought out recently by Warners Surplus.
    I'm sure Rich will be on later this evening and confirm this or call me a freakin morning who needs to go to sleep and get his brain back in order.
    Hope that helps,
    Josh
    Josh,
    After seeing you today I do agree you need to get too SLEEP.

Other than that Josh is correct. We bought out there retail sales stock and display's. We were hoping to keep the retail end going at thier location but it was not financialy feezable to do. We were also hoping to keep the range running and open but the repair cost to return it to SAFE and sound condition would have in my opinion been a mistake.

Dan (owner of Defcon1) said he will continue with agency sales but is done with retail sales. I wish him all the luck in his future endeavers.

Rich

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    Does this mean Warners will be adding a location where Defcon-1 is now (i.e. in Coopersburg)? The Defcon-1 website says they will be moving soon, so that's the most logical thing I can deduce.

And if this is the case, are the staff from Defcon-1 going to work at this new store, or are they going to work for Defense Condition One?
    We are looking at several locations that seem to be in need of a gun shop. The current Defcon location is not layed out well enough and the overhead is too high for what's there to make it a usefull location.

As for the Staff, they are a great bunch of guys and I wish them well. I know Dan and his main man(I can't remember his name) are intent on continueing agency sales but He made no coment to me on the rest of the staff. If we would have kept the retail end going there, we would have retained some of the staff.

As far as Dan moving, He told me he is looking for more of an office type environment to continue with agency sales. Again the current location is not suited for that purpose.

Rich
    Last edited by Warners Surplus; June 9th, 2007 at 06:41 PM.

(Lehigh County)

That's understandable, but still a damn shame.

I don't know where I'll go now. Rich, obviously your shop has lots of tactical/defensive type stock if you purchased Defcon-1's stock, but do you normally carry that kind of stuff? I wouldn't be completely adversed to driving out to Tannersville if the selection is worth it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    That's understandable, but still a damn shame.

I don't know where I'll go now. Rich, obviously your shop has lots of tactical/defensive type stock if you purchased Defcon-1's stock, but do you normally carry that kind of stuff? I wouldn't be completely adversed to driving out to Tannersville if the selection is worth it.
    Because of the large volume of LE sales that we do, I had intended to go more that direction anyway. So the deal with Defcon was a good thing. We have added thier stock to our store and have set up with Blackhawk, The Original Swat, Wiley X and a few others to increase our stock more and we will continue to stock all of the above. It is definately an interesting conversion but when complete, I think you will be happy with it. If there are certain products that Defcon carried that you are looking for, Please let me know.

Rich

I would not recommend Def Con 1 for C3 items. I called and spoke to someone about C3 items and the staff was not very knowledgable at all...good thing I went with another C3 dealer. I'm confident that you will turn this transaction into a profitable transaction.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warners Surplus View Post
    Because of the large volume of LE sales that we do, I had intended to go more that direction anyway. So the deal with Defcon was a good thing. We have added thier stock to our store and have set up with Blackhawk, The Original Swat, Wiley X and a few others to increase our stock more and we will continue to stock all of the above. It is definately an interesting conversion but when complete, I think you will be happy with it. If there are certain products that Defcon carried that you are looking for, Please let me know.

Rich

What happened to the full auto rentals? While it wasnt cheap it was fun to rent the mp5 and m4...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by GetSome View Post
    What happened to the full auto rentals? While it wasnt cheap it was fun to rent the mp5 and m4...

Dan kept the FA MP5 and M4 for himself.

Rich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast