Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Two more educated today

Did our normal Saylorburg flea market today, bought a decent Glenfield model 25 and a couple other silly things.

We were standing in front of one guys table that had some guns and ammo when I heard Tootie say "no open carry is perfectly legal", well of course I had to jump in and explain the dos and don'ts. It was an older gentleman that had a 'permit' (his words), we explain that is was in fact a license to carry, not a concealed 'permit'. He said he was tired of constantly trying to conceal his gun and was thrilled to know what the laws really were.

About half way through another guy started listening and then said he had just applied for his 'permit' (yeah they kept saying that and even got me to say it once in a while). So I went through the whole thing again and explained what had to happen once they got in a vehicle if they didn't have a license, the license being required to open carry in Philly etc etc and directed them to paopencarry.org to read up for themselves ... which they both intended to do as soon as they got home.

Funny too, we have heard a few muttered comments at the flea market but this was the first time someone actually asked and boy is he glad he did.

So add 2 more to the list.

Default Re: Two more educated today

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Did our normal Saylorburg flea market today, bought a decent Glenfield model 25 and a couple other silly things.

We were standing in front of one guys table that had some guns and ammo when I heard Tootie say "no open carry is perfectly legal", well of course I had to jump in and explain the dos and don'ts. It was an older gentleman that had a 'permit' (his words), we explain that is was in fact a license to carry, not a concealed 'permit'. He said he was tired of constantly trying to conceal his gun and was thrilled to know what the laws really were.

About half way through another guy started listening and then said he had just applied for his 'permit' (yeah they kept saying that and even got me to say it once in a while). So I went through the whole thing again and explained what had to happen once they got in a vehicle if they didn't have a license, the license being required to open carry in Philly etc etc and directed them to paopencarry.org to read up for themselves ... which they both intended to do as soon as they got home.

Funny too, we have heard a few muttered comments at the flea market but this was the first time someone actually asked and boy is he glad he did.

You forgot to tell them, they will ruin it for everyone, if they OC........

(Monroe County)

I think it was a good encounter all around EXCEPT for everyone calling it a PERMIT. I even told the guy to look at his License and see that it doesn't say permit on it anywhere, that in fact it's not a CCP it's a License to Carry a Firearm.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    I think it was a good encounter all around EXCEPT for everyone calling it a PERMIT. I even told the guy to look at his License and see that it doesn't say permit on it anywhere, that in fact it's not a CCP it's a License to Carry a Firearm.
    Baby steps. If they want to carry, I don't care if they called it a flowerpot.

Yes, it would be nice it everyone could get it right, but in the end, they got some really good info.

(Monroe County)

Just what we need, two more trouble makers

Well done

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    Baby steps. If they want to carry, I don't care if they called it a flowerpot.
    Rep to you for my daily laugh out loud rep award, thanks I needed that

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    Actually, DEAR ... you told him to look at it because no where on it does it say 'concealed'

(Butler County)

Actually, DEAR ... you told him to look at it because no where on it does it say 'concealed'
    Enjoy your stay in the doghouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    Enjoy your stay in the doghouse.
    Nah, wont happen

(Monroe County)

son of a bitch!...when i lived in saylorsburg i could never seem to find guns there!...ugh!..and, good story too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast