Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default So these LTCF's are good nationwide..Right?

Thats the question I got from my neighbor the other night. He has recently obtained his LTCF and carries from time to time. We were over for dinner the other night and he says "Dave maybe you can settle an argument for me and the wife". That ltcf I got he other week, it makes it legal for me to carry anywhere, right? I said sure, more or less. So long as you're in Pa or a state with a recip agreement, or in Pa but not certain places. So his wife from the kitchen screams " AH HAH, I told you can't carry that t hing in MD". I about spit my beer out. He tells me he carried that gun in his fanny pack all weekend long while visiting family in central Maryland, Montgomery Co I think. I told him next time to just go ahead and load it with hollow points, get some hookers and blow and head to NJ, where at least he might be treated like an actual criminal and get a slap on the wrist, instead of hung out to dry in MD.

Well at least he's educated now, and I turned him to the forums here, so maybe we'll get a new member out of what could have been an extremely sticky situation.
    3%

Default Re: So these LTCF's are good nationwide..Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    Thats the question I got from my neighbor the other night. He has recently obtained his LTCF and carries from time to time. We were over for dinner the other night and he says "Dave maybe you can settle an argument for me and the wife". That ltcf I got he other week, it makes it legal for me to carry anywhere, right? I said sure, more or less. So long as you're in Pa or a state with a recip agreement, or in Pa but not certain places. So his wife from the kitchen screams " AH HAH, I told you can't carry that t hing in MD". I about spit my beer out. He tells me he carried that gun in his fanny pack all weekend long while visiting family in central Maryland, Montgomery Co I think. I told him next time to just go ahead and load it with hollow points, get some hookers and blow and head to NJ, where at least he might be treated like an actual criminal and get a slap on the wrist, instead of hung out to dry in MD.

Well at least he's educated now, and I turned him to the forums here, so maybe we'll get a new member out of what could have been an extremely sticky situation.
    Well, at least he didn't OC it in MD

Good thing he just happened to mention it to you so you could straighten him out

(Indiana County)

That's sort of scary.....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Agreed. It's scary that people don't take more responsibility and make sure they know what they're doing before they do it. Even though he didn't get caught, he committed a felony.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Agreed. It's scary that people don't take more responsibility and make sure they know what they're doing before they do it. Even though he didn't get caught, he committed a felony.
    People like that also make gun owners irresponsible... I hope that guy knows what could have happened if he were discovered/pulled over.

(Monroe County)

Wow. Good thing for him he had you around.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Delaware County)

People like that also make gun owners irresponsible... I hope that guy knows what could have happened if he were discovered/pulled over.
    If he got pulled over he probably would have got a ticket/fine for whatever the officer stopped him for and that's all.

(Delaware County)

It does often suck that we have to basically disarm to go to any surrounding states here in Eastern PA... NJ, MD, NY, MD........
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Feddog82 View Post
    If he got pulled over he probably would have got a ticket/fine for whatever the officer stopped him for and that's all.
    Maybe/maybe not. The officer could have asked, "do you have any weapons in the vehicle?" or the driver, who thought he was legal, may have tried to inform the officer that he was carrying. It's really more of a wildcard than just assuming nothing would have happened--especially since he had it in his 'fanny pack.' Another thing is that the driver may have felt uneasy/nervous during a stop, prompting the officer to ask questions... one of them likely being, "do you have anything illegal in the car?"

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Maybe we're strange, but I don't understand how someone goes through the process of becoming legally able to defend themselves with a firearm and skips the step where they actually check the bounds of that legality, even in the broad sense. I'm tempted to call such people "morons," but I feel that might be harsh. Some people just lack the sense for such things, I guess.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast