Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Please help with Glock purchase

Guys

I really need your help. I am looking for a combination carry/home protection gun. My friend recommended the Glock 27. My fear is that it maybe too small for my hands. I want to try out the 22 23 and 27 but there is a shortage everywhere in the Bucks area.

1) What do you recommend?
    2) where can I get the best price?

Thanks
    George

Default Re: Please help with Glock purchase

There really isnt much to recommend. We do not know your hand size, and do not know whats comfortable in your hand. Whats your price range and what caliber are you looking for? The Glock 30 is bigger than the 27 and is in a .45 that also means higher cost of bullets for practicing and SD.
    Reputation is what I strive for.

(Bucks County)

DKGlock,

PM inbound.

(Northampton County)

Perhaps try a G27 with extended mags? That way you can have a concealed gun when you need a concealed gun (9 round short mag), and a service-sized gun for home defense (15 round mag with grip extension). You can always make a short grip longer, but you can't make a long grip shorter.

Others will tell you just to go with the G23 as it's a fairly good middle ground.

I'll also put it out there that if you don't already have anything in .40S&W, you may be better served going with the Glocks chambered in 9mm, as it's a cheaper round (i.e. more practice for less money).
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Schuylkill County)

Go to a Reputable shop and handle as many as possible then make your deccision. we can no more recomend which on for you to buy then we can reccomend what you should have for dinner tonight. we dont know your hand size if you have short fingers long fingers or what.

(Philadelphia County)

I have heard people have quite different experiences firing the sub-compact vs. the compact and full-size Glocks. Best if you could find one at a rental range. Assuming it fits you ok, a G27 is an excellent choice. If you are recoil sensitive or might share the gun with someone who might be, a G26 (same gun in 9mm) might also be a good choice. Of course, if you have the "spendage" you can buy a 27 and a caliber conversion kit which will allow you to switch calibers in the same gun. (Best of both worlds and cheaper than buying two!)
    Be Safe,
    Jim

(Monroe County)

I have the 26. I have large hands and have no problem with it. I use the mag extensions and well as the flat bottom mags. My pinky just wraps around. If you look up the glock 19 on this site you will find tons of posts singing its praise. If you think the 26 will be to small give the 19 a try.

The g 23 .40 cal works best for me, not too small, not too big, the same applies for the cartrige, not too small, not too big, note that I'm not saying that 9mm is too small and therefore not effective, it's just the way I see things, I would hate to be in front of a 9mm traveling at 1200 fps............
    although I have small hands, the g 27 doesn't feel good when I grab it, so the decision depends on how it feels in your mitts, jmo.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by DKGlock View Post
    Guys

everyone going to give you an opnion and basicly state, no that is a POS or "try this gun, it's much better than a glock", or "40 S&W is worthless go with 45 it's a man stopper". There are a TON of threads which debate all of the aspects of finding the "right" gun for you. If you want a glock in 40S&W get one. If you have big hands, the sub compact will be small, I own one and have big hands. I don't shoot it.

Thanks
    George
    http://www.summitgunbroker.com

Best prices unless you can find one local. Used glocks are fine, infact I doubt I will ever buy a new one again.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Chester County)

Guys

I really need your help. I am looking for a combination carry/home protection gun. My friend recommended the Glock 27. My fear is that it maybe too small for my hands. I want to try out the 22 23 and 27 but there is a shortage everywhere in the Bucks area.

Thanks
    George
    If it's your first gun, and you need to spend some time getting good with it...get a 19. If you insist on having a .40, then the 23 would be your best bet.

The 27 is a pitbull to shoot...cutting your teeth on it might not be the best way to go about things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast