Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visiting

Default Visiting

First let me say hello to everyone in the forum. Thank for allowing me to be here.

The question I have is: I will be visiting Philadelphia on Memorial Day Weekend at the Hyatt on the river for a wedding. I will be in town for 3 days visiting from Georgia. I have met all of the requirements for a non-resident CCW License and applied for it. Other than the rules posted on the forum does any one have any tips or suggestions I should apply or stay away from while in Philly.

Such things as restaurants that serve alcohol for consumption, the hotel, tourist sights and so forth.

Thanks is advance,

Ken

Default Re: Visiting

Quote Originally Posted by firearmz View Post
    First let me say hello to everyone in the forum. Thank for allowing me to be here.

The question I have is: I will be visiting Philadelphia on Memorial Day Weekend at the Hyatt on the river for a wedding. I will be in town for 3 days visiting from Georgia. I have met all of the requirements for a non-resident CCW License and applied for it. Other than the rules posted on the forum does any one have any tips or suggestions I should apply or stay away from while in Philly.

Such things as restaurants that serve alcohol for consumption, the hotel, tourist sights and so forth.

Thanks is advance,

Ken
    As long as you get approved, you'll be good to go. Only tourist sight to stay away from are the Federal parks in the city. Nothing says you can't be armed in a bar.

Oh and just to let you know before the countless masses do: its called a LTCF (license to carry firearms) not a ccw. I could careless what you call it

Good luck and stay safe when you visit.

Oh yeah.. And welcome to the forum!!!
    Last edited by chrisjames_71; February 19th, 2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: forgot to say welcome

(Allegheny County)

You can carry anywhere that is NOT listed in this thread:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html

Carrying in a bar is perfectly legal in PA, as is carrying in a movie theater, etc.

Though I do have to ask - since GA and PA enjoy full reciprocity, why did you apply for a non-resident PA LTCF?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by lildobe View Post
    You can carry anywhere that is NOT listed in this thread:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html

Carrying in a bar is perfectly legal in PA, as is carrying in a movie theater, etc.

Though I do have to ask - since GA and PA enjoy full reciprocity, why did you apply for a non-resident PA LTCF?
    *size is mine

Dude, it's Philly. Everyone knows Philly doesn't accept out of state permits, hell, sometimes they don't accept Pa. LTCFs........

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Dude, it's Philly. Everyone knows Philly doesn't accept out of state permits, hell, sometimes they don't accept Pa. LTCFs........
    Yes, we all know that Philly PD likes to do illegal things - but the fact remains that PA and GA have full reciprocity, and PPD has no say as to what permits are or are not valid in this state - Only the Attorney General can do that.

I realize that not everyone wants the hassle of fighting with... "misinformed" law enforcement officers, but that doesn't mean that we should bend over backwards to accommodate their twisted views
    Last edited by lildobe; February 20th, 2009 at 02:32 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by lildobe View Post
    Yes, we all know that Philly PD likes to do illegal things - but the fact remains that PA and GA have full reciprocity, and PPD has no say as to what permits are or are not valid in this state - Only the Attorney General can do that.

I realize that not everyone wants the hassle of fighting with... "misinformed" law enforcement officers, but that doesn't mean that we should bend over backwards to accommodate their twisted views
    I'm guessing I have to put more than one in my sarcastic posts from now on

BTW~ Did you see the other PPD thread? They actually charged the dude for unlicensed carry, even under four other permits and ACT 235.......

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by firearmz View Post
    ...any tips or suggestions I should apply or stay away from while in Philly.
    Dont go north of the North Star Bar after dark. Dont OC.

If youre in the neighborhood of South Street, swing by a little hole in the wall called Tattooed Moms, best Lager in town.

(and yes, Lager = Yuengling here)

(Centre County)

Tattooed Moms isnt far at all from the Hyatt on the water. Cross Delaware ave and South is only 2 or 3 blocks over then walk up South until you get there. screw the lager, go with the PBR. check out Jon's cafe 3rd and South. good food, fairly priced.

(Schuylkill County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

CommonHighrise said it, but to be perfectly clear, its more than just don't OC after dark North of the North Star. False information removed, "Lawyering" infraction issued. ~gnbrotz and you need a LTCF or reciprocity to carry a concealed weapon everywhere else except in the proscribed places where you cannot have a gun at all.

Have you had a Phlly cheesesteak?
    Last edited by gnbrotz; February 21st, 2009 at 08:07 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    CommonHighrise said it, but to be perfectly clear, its more than just don't OC after dark North of the North Star. False information removed, "Lawyering" infraction issued. ~gnbrotz and you need a LTCF or reciprocity to carry a concealed weapon everywhere else except in the proscribed places where you cannot have a gun at all.

Have you had a Phlly cheesesteak?
    Correction: Open carry is against the law everywhere in a city of the first class (Phila) unless you have a LTCF or reciprocity to carry a concealed weapon.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; February 21st, 2009 at 08:07 AM.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast