Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default suppressor question

I've been meaning to get one ever since I got P22.

But I never looked in to how to get one.
    How do I go about getting one?
    I know that my local dealer is not a class II dealer, so I guess I'll have to find one. And I also know that my local sheriff's office do sign off on it.

So, basicaly, I'll go to ClassII, pick the can I want(Whatever that works with P-22 threaded barrel), fill out the paper work, pay $200 to Uncle Sam, dealer then send out paperwork to sheriff's office, wait for it to comeback(couple of weeks to month or so wait?), once its back with his signature, go pick up the can, box of subsonic ammo, and go enjoy hush hush shooting?

Is that basicaly how it goes?
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: suppressor question

Here is a very well done sticky explaining the entire process.

http://forum.pafoa.org/nfa-class-3-t...a-jaybell.html

I also got a P22 for that reason. But that's pending funds and is last in line on my list, so it won't be for a while. I hope I can still get one when he time comes (sigh, Obama is making me broke ).
    If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

(Philadelphia County)

You know what I want to do just for shits and giggles? I want to submit paperwork for an empty gallon milk jug to the ATF as a silencer jsut to see what they do. This obviously will wait till I've got the cash to entertain myself with, however the novelty of a $200 registered milk jug would be worth it in my opinion.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Luzerne County)

Exclamation Re: suppressor question

The ATF does NOT have a sense of humor
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Does anyone know the number for 9-1-1?

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    I've been meaning to get one ever since I got P22.

But I never looked in to how to get one.
    How do I go about getting one?
    I know that my local dealer is not a class II dealer, so I guess I'll have to find one. And I also know that my local sheriff's office do sign off on it.

So, basicaly, I'll go to ClassII, pick the can I want(Whatever that works with P-22 threaded barrel), fill out the paper work, pay $200 to Uncle Sam, dealer then send out paperwork to sheriff's office, wait for it to comeback(couple of weeks to month or so wait?), once its back with his signature, go pick up the can, box of subsonic ammo, and go enjoy hush hush shooting?

Is that basicaly how it goes?

You almost have all the pieces. Pick the can. Get the paperwork (Form 4) filled out from the dealer. Go get fingerprint cards done. I went to the PSP barracks and they did them for free. You can then setup the meeting the CLEO yourself. Some will even sit down with you to do an interview and sign right away. Here in Schuylkill, I left all the paperwork (fingerprint cards, Form4) for the sheriff to sign. They called me when it was done and I picked it up. It took about a week. Then you send the paperwork and your $200 donation to the ATF and wait. Then you wait some more. Then when you think it is overdue, you call the ATF for a status update. They tell you it is pending. Then you wait some more. Then, when you have almost forgotten about it and spent all of the money for the suppressor, you're paperwork will come back to the dealer. Go to the dealer, get your can and take it home to have some fun without waking the neighbors.

Others have mentioned in previous posts to make a copy of the approved form and to take that with you whenever you are taking the suppressor to the range or whereever. Put the original in a safe place.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the sarcasm.

(Berks County)

You do not need subsonic ammo for a P22. The barrel is not long enough for standard rounds to go supersonic. A subsonic round may not stabilize in such a short barrel and cause a baffle strike.

(Centre County)

Okay thanks for the info. I didn't realize they need my finger print. But I guess whatever. Take my print.

I think small gunshop (Allegheny Trade Co I think its called?) near Altoona is Class 3 dealer. I'll have to stop by next time i'm up there, and start paper work
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Prime View Post
    You know what I want to do just for shits and giggles? I want to submit paperwork for an empty gallon milk jug to the ATF as a silencer jsut to see what they do. This obviously will wait till I've got the cash to entertain myself with, however the novelty of a $200 registered milk jug would be worth it in my opinion.
    better yet, register a potato. if they ever ask to see it, you can either pull out an old rotted hairy potato, or bits and pieces, tell em it broke
    i got shot, you should buy my stuff

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeepbluePA View Post
    The ATF does NOT have a sense of humor
    indeed. registering said milk jug with the ATF might cause them to classify ALL milk jugs as NFA's and start imprisoning everyone.

those who they don't murder on illegal raids, that is.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Centre County)

regardless of ones opinion of the ATF they are who we have to deal with to get the fun stuff.
    So this thread doesn't get completely train wrecked...

Yasu, if you already have a threaded barrel/thread extender and it's 1/2x28 and you want to try out the p22 suppressed hit me up sometime and we can hit scotia so you can hear/see how it sounds/looks. I can also help you with some dealers/paperwork issues in a local aspect.
    Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast