Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Phila says: Pay up or else on LTCF !

PA LTCF permit holders be prepared to pay up an additional $6.00 to the city. I just received the following from the Philadelphia Police Gun Permits Unit.

Dear License to Carry Applicant:

The Pennsylvania Legislature passed the Firearms License to Carry Modernization Act in 2005, which became effective in May 2006. As part of this legislation, the Gun License fee was increased from $19.00 to $25.00.
    The increased cost of $6.00 is to be used to fund the Firearms License Modernization Account and the Firearms License Validation Account. (See, 18 PACS. s6109(h)(ii) and (3) respectively)

The Philadelphia Police Department recently received notification from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania that this additional $6.00 fee was supposed to be collected from all Gun License applicants effective May 1, 2006.
    Accordingly the appropriate fee you should have paid with your Firearms License application was $25.00 as opposed to the $19.00 that you had submitted.

Therefore you must send, in the self addressed envelope, a certified money order (NO CASH OR CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED) payable to the "City of Philadelphia" in the amount of $6.00. The Philadelphia Police Department must receive your payment no later then January 31, 2009. This fee is required by all applicants regardless of whether your application was approved or denied.

When filling out your Money Order, please print your name and address. Also on address label you will see a file number starting with the letter "G", include that number on the Money Order.

we apologize for any incovenience, but, regrettably, if payment is not received by the date listed; this debt will be placed in collections and could affect you credit. To those with a valid License to Carry a Firearm, failure to pay will also result in the immediate REVOCATION of your current firearms license.

This is signed by the commanding officer of the Gun Permits Unit.
    This was supposed to take effect over 2 years ago and they are just catching up to it? Or maybe Nutter is pulling out all the stops to raise money for the city debt!

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: PA LTCF Holders

crock of BS if you ask me.. They should have collected it when the law enabled the $6 increase.

(Luzerne County)

Can't be legal.

If they were supposed to charge $25 they fucked up.

Too bad, so sad.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Monroe County)

So they charge you something, then two years later send you a bill for more? Can they do that and legally get away with it? If so, I am going to go through all my account files and add $500 to every customer I have had. That should raise me enough to EBR myself silly

They can't possibly be allowed to do this, can they...?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

when I got my LTCF their own form said $19.00.
    I am waiting to see if anyone from other counties receives this letter, or if it just good old Philadelphia trying to either cover up their "F" UP, or trying to raise the money for the city debt.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    So they charge you something, then two years later send you a bill for more? Can they do that and legally get away with it?

They can revoke your LTCF, then make you do the legwork of getting it back, where you'll pay a lot more than $6.

It isn't the 6 bucks I care about, it's how they inevitably find a way to hassle you, in this case to make a trip to the USPS or wherever to get a MO. I wonder what a "certified money order" is. There are different levels of MO?

This was supposed to take effect over 2 years ago and they are just catching up to it? Or maybe Nutter is pulling out all the stops to raise money for the city debt!
    That, and also yet another "gotcha" that can be used to revoke some carry licenses.

(Lawrence County)

I wonder if you could find a lawyer to file a million dollar lawsuit for the illegal revocation if they yanked your license for not paying the $6?

(Berks County)

Default Pay up or else on concealed carry permit !

I havent received this letter yet but apparently the city is sending these out:

Anyone else get one of these?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Phila says: Pay up or else on LTCF !

Administrative note: Merged two similar threads

(Berks County)

Default Re: Phila says: Pay up or else on LTCF !

Thanks! I had posted it in the Philly forum originally!

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast