Quote Originally Posted by SF_Kilo View Post
Yes the law does not allow locals to make their own laws but they do! They will take you in for disturbing the peace or some other technicality. You can quote the law all day long, that will not change how things will work in the "real" world. I would certainly love to be carrying MY Glock 19 (18th birthday present from dad). But I do not go out and try to challenge the Fuzz to a law debate while in public with a gun on my hip. Plus as I stated before you don't want the person that you may need to use that firearm against to know you have it. Not only does knowing about it in advance remove the "surprise" but may also make it easier for the assailant to grab your sidearm and "surprise" you. Oh and unless you walk everywhere you would take your gun you would need to unload and secure it in the car, as open carry is not possible in a vehicle. Would I open carry? NO. Should you open carry? NO. Should anyone open carry (unless on a range or of course on their property of place of business)? NO. Open carry is pointless unless you feel the need to be a tough guy and have a gun, and it only causes problems and could get you killed by your own gun (more likely than concealed carry) or in big trouble by the local law man. Say what you want but go give open carry a shot (no pun intended) and see where it gets you. All you will get is lots of people staring at you until a cop sees what all the attention is about, From there it gets uncomfortable and possibly ugly. But if anyone insists it is legal (which it is as far as I am concerned) try it for a week and see where it gets you. It will cause headaches unless you never leave the house.
If your local government is making laws related to firearms, then I suggest you hire Edgar Snyder and sue the crap out of them. It'd be like winning the lottery.

I open carry all the time, everywhere in the state. ...hell, I even travel to WV and VA and open carry all the way.

Like I said before, if you get arrested for doing something you are lawfully allowed to do, and doing so is a right - you have the potential to be a rich man.

If you look up disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace, there is nothing that can be construed as to making open carrying a violation.

About the tactical advantage thing, there is some truth to that. But I challenge you point out one documented occurance that it has happened to a plain person.