Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Default Re: Walmart asking people not to open carry in store, no longer selling non hunting g

Looks like Walmart has partnered with Bloomberg, a bunch of Mayors who whine a lot, and Moms who just can't get enough action.

"Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety."

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies

That's more than enough for me. Not that I was planning to shop there any more after the earlier policy changes, but this puts it in stone.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Walmart asking people not to open carry in store, no longer selling non hunting g

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Looks like Walmart has partnered with Bloomberg, a bunch of Mayors who whine a lot, and Moms who just can't get enough action.

"Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety."

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies

That's more than enough for me. Not that I was planning to shop there any more after the earlier policy changes, but this puts it in stone.

Can you point out where it says that? I didn't see anything like that in the "firearms" section of the policies.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it after looking at it once more. Thanks!
    Last edited by Emptymag; September 9th, 2019 at 11:28 AM.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I posted this in the wrong Walmart thread last night. Copy/pasting it here as well...

There's a company website that can only be accessed by employees using their login credentials.
    Tonight, while checking my upcoming schedule, I saw that there was "A Message from Doug McMillon", penned on August 6, 2019.
    It reads mostly like the press release.

Another one penned on September 3, 2019 is addressed to Walmart associates - it addresses the carry/open carry policies.
    It gets VERY Fudd-like at the end - and like a swarmy politician who speaks of a "long tradition of hunting" when speaking of his support for the 2A.

Anyway, in regards to carry, he says that...
    "This morning we briefed your leadership team on how to communicate this change in policy to customers when needed, and they will be sharing that with you very soon. We treat law-abiding customers with respect, and we will have a very non-confrontational approach. Our priority is your safety. We will be providing new signage to help communicate this policy in the coming weeks."

(Lancaster County)

"This morning we briefed your leadership team on how to communicate this change in policy to customers when needed, and they will be sharing that with you very soon. We treat law-abiding customers with respect, and we will have a very non-confrontational approach. Our priority is your safety. We will be providing new signage to help communicate this policy in the coming weeks."
    Except when they treat everyone like a criminal by suspecting you of theft after they confront you at the door and hold you there until they can check your receipt.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lehigh County)

The REAL Reason Walmart Went Anti-Gun
    --ET

(Lancaster County)

So I’m confused, property owners. It’s good that they get to decide who does what on their property because no one is forced to go there. Right??

Should the government go against owners and demand that since it’s a right, they should allow people to open carry??

Kind of a dark path to go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    So I’m confused, property owners. It’s good that they get to decide who does what on their property because no one is forced to go there. Right??

Should the government go against owners and demand that since it’s a right, they should allow people to open carry??

Kind of a dark path to go down.
    Can a property owner put up a sign that says No Muslims? No, they can't because being a muslim is a civil right. Carrying a firearm is a civil right, why are gun owners allowed to be discriminated against, an no one else is?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Can a property owner put up a sign that says No Muslims? No, they can't because being a muslim is a civil right. Carrying a firearm is a civil right, why are gun owners allowed to be discriminated against, an no one else is?
    You're confusing civil rights with protected classes.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Because it’s not a protected class as much as everyone likes to pretend or think that it is.

No one can discriminate against certain groups of people, there is a list from the government. Gun owners aren’t on it.

This guy wanted to be a test case, ended up being the test case, it didn’t go how he wanted and how other people with the mindset that he has and now they are unhappy.

They told him when they told everyone else “No open carry “. He got trespassed by the acting management. Insert surprised Pikachu face here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    Because it’s not a protected class as much as everyone likes to pretend or think that it is.

No one can discriminate against certain groups of people, there is a list from the government. Gun owners aren’t on it.

This guy wanted to be a test case, ended up being the test case, it didn’t go how he wanted and how other people with the mindset that he has and now they are unhappy.

They told him when they told everyone else “No open carry “. He got trespassed by the acting management. Insert surprised Pikachu face here.
    How can we have equality when there's such things as "protected classes" written into law, and apparently a good many people support such a violation against basic rights?

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast