Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: AR-15 OC in Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I wonder if he knew the mayor might be there.

And to the question, yes ANYONE should increase their level of SA when he walks in, but until he does something to prove otherwise, I'm going to treat him as a fellow law-abiding gun owner and not be the one to cause an unwarranted disturbance. Most criminals and potential murderers aren't going to be OCing in a proper holster and carrying a rifle properly. If they want to shoot a place up, they're likely going to ether hide it (probably in their underwear band) until they make their move, or walk in shooting.

A "man with a gun" being carried legally and safely...that's a welcomed sight to me. But sure, I'll keep an eye on him...I don't know his level of training...stupid mistakes can happen with a gun as easily as it can with a car or hot cup of coffee.

"Trust but verify". - President Reagan
    Thats it! All hot coffee must be sold in no spill sippy cups!
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    With Rights, comes responsibility.
    Yes, the responsibility to keep them to pass to the next generation. If you don't support this man, this time, who is going to support you in your time?

These bastards will get around to the police's guns. Right after they use the police to take everyone else's guns.

Rights are enumerated not because they are popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Yes, the responsibility to keep them to pass to the next generation. If you don't support this man, this time, who is going to support you in your time?

These bastards will get around to the police's guns. Right after they use the police to take everyone else's guns.

i was really hoping they'd take the police's guns first but i agree completely.
    everyone is expected to accept the person who wears a fake tail or animal ears in public or walks an invisible dog or marries a real doll. they should accept the man who takes his ar for a stroll in the beautiful spring weather.

omg... imagine if he lived where public transportation was the most economical and convenient method of traveling from his home to the range. lol ar15 on the bus or train.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Northampton County)

What exactly did you expect from one of these people? At least he didn't shoot you or your dog. Maybe you blinked your eyes or something. A furtive blinking.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Lancaster County)

the mayor said. "What would have happened if someone who didn't know the laws thought he was protecting everyone and grabbed him? What would have happened then?"
    What would have happened? Someone getting an elbow to the face and probably a pimp walk for the next few days. Would either person be charged then? Either the Grabber (assault) or the OC'er for disorder conduct even if they were not the initial aggressor?

EDIT: After reading the comments, I think we need to do a lunch/dinner CC/OC again.

It's been years, anyone else remember going to Venice pizza on Centerville Road? Those were the good old days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

This whole deal shouldn't be news. Frankly I'm more concerned with the crooks they have in Reading goverment and the crooked cops in Reading (among other things) than a guy open carrying a gun.
    Last edited by dkf; May 4th, 2017 at 11:31 PM.

(Northampton County)

What is a right you shouldn't exercise?
    Let's start with wearing your pants below your ass.

We have customs in our culture. One of those is carrying longarms in gun cases. If you don't have a gun case, or you have more guns packed in your car than cases available, or you are on foot and plan to shoot something, or you are demonstrating, fine. I don't care if you walk down the street with a longarm. Last Harrisburg 2A event I went to (I actually missed one due to illness) I carried a rifle through the entire downtown. I got a lot of confused looks. I didn't want somebody to see me put it in the car. I went into Philly Cheesesteak and half the people picked up their cell phones. No cops came, they knew what was up. After ordering I took it off and leaned it upside down against the wall. Now, I don't give a crap. I had a reason to have it. But I am not going to cause that kind of commotion for no reason.

It's like my neighbor that stages the invasion of Normandy in the middle of the night once a year. I don't care, he's having a giant party. If he did that every other night there would be a problem. It's pretty simple.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Let's start with wearing your pants below your ass.

We have customs in our culture. One of those is carrying longarms in gun cases. If you don't have a gun case, or you have more guns packed in your car than cases available, or you are on foot and plan to shoot something, or you are demonstrating, fine. I don't care if you walk down the street with a longarm. Last Harrisburg 2A event I went to (I actually missed one due to illness) I carried a rifle through the entire downtown. I got a lot of confused looks. I didn't want somebody to see me put it in the car. I went into Philly Cheesesteak and half the people picked up their cell phones. No cops came, they knew what was up. After ordering I took it off and leaned it upside down against the wall. Now, I don't give a crap. I had a reason to have it. But I am not going to cause that kind of commotion for no reason.

It's like my neighbor that stages the invasion of Normandy in the middle of the night once a year. I don't care, he's having a giant party. If he did that every other night there would be a problem. It's pretty simple.
    I'm sure that's all relevant to my question in your mind but it was a question about the purpose of the founders in enumerating certain right of the people against that the government were to be powerless to trample. Government in a cage, if you will.

Pull your paints up! Quit slouching! I got my eye on you.

Why is it ignorant people get to have opinions on things they don't understand and then people with intimate knowledge of the subject then have to pay respects to ignorant's feelings? (general question)

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    i was really hoping they'd take the police's guns first but i agree completely.
    everyone is expected to accept the person who wears a fake tail or animal ears in public or walks an invisible dog or marries a real doll. they should accept the man who takes his ar for a stroll in the beautiful spring weather.

omg... imagine if he lived where public transportation was the most economical and convenient method of traveling from his home to the range. lol ar15 on the bus or train.
    How do you take your AR into the range? Do you have it slung over your shoulder or in the low ready position ? At the ranges I belong to, you have to have your rifle cased up to the shooting bench before you take them out and handle them.

So while you are riding a bus to the range with your AR slung over your shoulder, maybe to save time you should carry all of your loaded magazines in pouches on a load bearing vest. What could go wrong?

(Philadelphia County)

I am all for preserving our rights, especially the 2nd Amendment. I simply don't believe this is the best way to garner support.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast