Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Wife got pulled over today...

It's an inconsistent argument, however, to be a proponent of regionalized police departments, but not regionalized dispatch centers.

(Bucks County)

Who/what are you talking about?

Not you, sorry. Referring to the earlier comment about small PD's and their dispatchers.

(Bucks County)

In-house dispatchers can be fun. There was one, girl, who had a prosthetic leg. They called her Eileen.

(Northampton County)

I thought her name was Peg. ( Wasn't her prosthetic a broom handle?) Her sister with the small foot was Elieen.

Smit

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Which makes me think the Lancaster County Sheriff is violating the law by disclosing LTCF information.
    I think it's more than just Lancaster doing it. I passed my Reading City civil test, so I am going to hopefully do a ride along up there soon, I'll ask about it there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    I did a ride along last week here in Lancaster County and can confirm, it does show up. I got told "It'll only show up if its issued by Lancaster county, if it's out of county, we wont know."

Cop was cool about it though "Safest place for it is in the holster".
    Well, I ended up having it confirmed today by probably the coolest cop I've ever had hit the lights up behind me.

Was going closer to 60 in a 45 (two lanes each way with a median, should be a 55, but that's another story), noticed I was going a bit fast just in time to see the cop behind me. I got into the right lane, shortly afterward the lights came on.

He asked me if I had an "oh shit" moment seeing him in the mirror before the lights came on, we had a laugh about it, he told me he was giving me a warning before I even handed him my license.

After he came back, he asked if I had my pistol on me, and I confirmed since he was being cool with me. He let me know that all of the state's police departments now gets LTCF information automatically whenever they run a driver's license. He said he'd prefer if they did it off of license plates, so he'd know before he gets to the window that a firearm may be involved (I didn't like that part very much, but again he wasn't being an ass in the slightest). That also gives me a measure of confidence that Maryland won't "run plates" and get us all just because they suck. We then had a conversation to the tune of him suggesting we inform at the start of a stop, and me saying that since there is no law stating that we must inform, I always preferred to keep it private, no sense getting someone nervous because I goofed behind the wheel. In his defense, he also stated that he was a pro 2A guy before he became a police officer and still is one to this day (and his overall professionalism and demeanor supported that), he wished me well, we shook hands and I was on my way.

IMO, on the policy end of this disclosure of information.... this is a backdoor executive decision outside of legislative control to make a de facto duty to inform in PA. It should be fought.
    Last edited by bluetrane2028; March 19th, 2017 at 11:02 PM.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MedicCop View Post
    The right to bear arms is not being questioned in this instance.
    then what is by asking is she is carrying when he already knows she has a LTCF?

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MedicCop View Post
    The law says 'law enforcement personnel', not 'police officers'. Like it or not, police dispatchers ARE law enforcement personnel in this situation. They are certified to access criminal history information and other databases, and sign NDA's pertaining to this.

Do you really expect every local police department in the commonwealth to not only have its own dispatch center, but to also staff it's own dispatch center with police officers?
    they should only be questioned if they broke the law in a serious matter only those rules should apply, a "speeding violation" does not apply or related to any firearms code.... If she was arrested for law numerating related to firearms offense then yeah it should be questioned.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post

After he came back, he asked if I had my pistol on me, and I confirmed since he was being cool with me. He let me know that all of the state's police departments now gets LTCF information automatically whenever they run a driver's license. He said he'd prefer if they did it off of license plates, so he'd know before he gets to the window that a firearm may be involved ...

Knowing that the driver has an LTCF (a good thing), the officer should assume the driver is armed (a good thing), but the tag points only to the registrant of that tag, not someone else permissible to drive the vehicle.

Good thing should mean that the carrier is found to be law abiding enough to have legal purpose in choosing to carry a firearm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast