Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Jefferson County)

Default Indiana Co. Courthouse

I'd like to give the deputies at the Indiana Courthouse thanks for a polite visit.

I was at the Indiana Courthouse yesterday looking up deeds and right of ways with a corporate Verizon agent. The deputies at the front door were very polite. Initially they were jokingly trying to hustle me through the scanner, I was going through my pockets like a thief to make sure I didn't have a pocket knife or anything. I joked "hold up, gotta make sure I ain't got no knives, guns, or grenades on me." and they let out a big laugh.

I wasn't carrying due to work reasons, but I did manage to chitchat with the older bald gentleman working the checkpoint while my coworker visited the lady's room. I asked him if they had the lockboxes - which he said they did right in the room beside the scanner. I then asked how they handle things, he said for the most part all the deputies do so with a smile, quote- "that its not the law abiding people that ya gotta worry about." He said some dont understand the open carry thing, but other deputies do. I said, "Sometimes you get an attitude when trying to check a firearm at a court house." He said, "For the most part you wont here, its legal and its the law. But you will occasionally have a deputy having a bad day." ... "Those with licenses should just have them out and held up as you ask to secure a firearm."
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Indiana Co. Courthouse

Good to hear.

I think most Indiana county & borough police are aware of the state's firearms laws.