Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Very Positive OC Experience! - sort of...

Greetings all

This morning I had my first of what will be a series of physical therapy sessions at a huge complex on the western edge of Allentown. Mrs. Plinker accompanied me for to get some proper training in doing the home stuff with me. Since this place is fairly crammed with doctors and other medical personnel, not to mention all sorts of people with injuries, I have decided to carry concealed, just to not make waves with people who are already stressed out for various reasons.

This was my second visit to the PT lady (the first visit was all administrative stuff). During our first, guns and shooting came up, as we have a mutual acquaintance who is the cook at our gun club. So today, I was emptying my pockets of all the loose stuff that could fall out, and I removed my Kel Tec PF-9. She shook her head and laughed, saying, "Why am I not surprised?" I then told her that I actually carried openly most of the time, but was CC here because I did not want to scare people. Her reply was what sort of shocked me a little.

"Good for you. I think people should carry openly, because I would rather see it and know they have it than them having it covered up."

I think I am going to like her.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Very Positive OC Experience! - sort of...

Awesome. Give her the PAFOA address!!
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Wayne County)

That is great!! Remember it is what you do not see that will kill you .

Mike Mc

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Greetings all

This morning I had my first of what will be a series of physical therapy sessions at a huge complex on the western edge of Allentown. Mrs. Plinker accompanied me for to get some proper training in doing the home stuff with me. Since this place is fairly crammed with doctors and other medical personnel, not to mention all sorts of people with injuries, I have decided to carry concealed, just to not make waves with people who are already stressed out for various reasons.

This was my second visit to the PT lady (the first visit was all administrative stuff). During our first, guns and shooting came up, as we have a mutual acquaintance who is the cook at our gun club. So today, I was emptying my pockets of all the loose stuff that could fall out, and I removed my Kel Tec PF-9. She shook her head and laughed, saying, "Why am I not surprised?" I then told her that I actually carried openly most of the time, but was CC here because I did not want to scare people. Her reply was what sort of shocked me a little.

"Good for you. I think people should carry openly, because I would rather see it and know they have it than them having it covered up."

I think I am going to like her.
    I might divorce my wife if your PT lady is single........

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Dauphin County)

single? good looking ??

likes big ugly guys ??
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Greetings all

This morning I had my first of what will be a series of physical therapy sessions at a huge complex on the western edge of Allentown.
    Is the complex on Cetronia Rd off of Tilghman St and 309? If so then I was there on tuesday for surgery on my deviated septum. Very nice place. I wasn't carrying though, obviously.
    Bazinga