Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Wolf likely facing fight on controversial State Police Commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Firearm Owners Against Crime (FOAC) been all over this “new” PSP commissioner since day one, as it apparent from his actions in Maryland when Marcus Brown held supreme commander position there.

MD state Police Commissioner Marcus Brown, sure wasn’t any friend of gun owners or their firearm rights.

So don’t expect any better here when he is direct control the PSP, especially when PSP administers PICS and controls the transfer or firearms, along with making just making up regulations that a former governor wanted in the past.
    see old thread as example of regs that can be invented

AR-15 OWNERS – take note of immanent PSP regulations changes

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/650...s-changes.html

here are the senators emails address that will and Others might listen to our concerns about Marcus Brown is the WRONG person to lead the PSP.

alloway@pasen.gov: dargall@pasen.gov; raument@pasen.gov; lbaker@pasen.gov; cbartolotta@pasen.gov; brewster@pasenate.com; mbrooks@pasen.gov; jeichelberger@pasen.gov; mfolmer@pasen.gov; jgordner@pasen.gov; shutchinson@pasen.gov; cmcilhinney@pasen.gov; bmensch@pasen.gov; jrafferty@pasen.gov; jscarnati@pasen.gov; mscavello@pasen.gov; lsmucker@pasen.gov; Evogel@pasen.gov; rvulakovich@pasen.gov; kward@pasen.gov; dwhite@pasen.gov; wozniak@pasenate.com; gyaw@pasen.gov; yudichak@pasenate.com; tmcgarrigle@pasen.gov; pstefano@pasen.gov; swagner@pasen.gov; boscola@pasenate.com; pbrowne@pasen.gov; jcorman@pasen.gov; andy@pasenate.com; dpileggi@pasen.gov; msmith@pasenate.com; rteplitz@pasenate.com; rtomlinson@pasen.gov; pvance@pasen.gov; swiley@pasenate.com;
    That's what I was looking for. Email will be sent tomorrow! Then I will call each one.
    PUT AN ACOG ON IT!

(Bucks County)

Senators contacted. Chuck is my State Senator and I contacted him as well....
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post

HARRISBURG - Of all the new Wolf administration nominees awaiting confirmation, few face a challenge quite like acting State Police Commissioner Marcus Brown.

The veteran officer, who until recently headed the Maryland State Police, is not facing scrutiny just from legislators. He's also fielding it from within his own ranks.

This the same Police Agency which was running out of State visitor's plates to see who is a "gun nut" then toss their cars for firearms?

Governor Wolf sure is trying to get us on a leash, isn't he?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    I'll write my reps. I've had nothing but great encounters with the PSP and will be glade to help them out. Also I'd like to see the State Police ran by someone from this State.
    We don't have enough experienced people on the Force who can do the job and do it well?

Wolf sure is going to keep us entertained for the next four years.

(Montgomery County)

My message to the senators:
    "
    Senator,

I am a Pennsylvania born and raised, active US Marine, former Michigan law enforcement officer, and future Pennsylvania police hopeful. I am writing to you in reference to the recent nomination of Marcus Brown to be the next Pennsylvania State Police Commissioner. Simply put, he is the wrong choice for Pennsylvania, and his nomination is based solely on politics, not merit.

Brown has a longstanding history of controversy and contention, to include the pension fiasco with the city of Baltimore. As you may be aware of, he voluntarily left BPD in order to take up another position with the Maryland Transportation Police. Even though he left voluntarily, his political pandering allowed him to swindle a pension from his transfer, double dipping into the tax payer funding pool. Any police officer should have the integrity to know that this was not only morally wrong, but possibly an infraction of the law (or close to it due to a technicality). This moral contradiction shows that he is not qualified to head the Commonwealth's Police.

Next is his fervent attack of civil rights during his tenure with the Maryland State Police, including his disregard for the Second Amendment. Brown not only enforced, but viciously defended laws which are in absolute contradiction with the right to bear arms. Maryland's legal system is caustic to gun owners, and the MSP as well as other organizations are currently implicated in claims of targeting vehicles for traffic stops if the registered owner is listed as owning a firearm or license to carry in another state. Brown has been on record, and participated in video conferences in which he advocated Maryland's new laws which ban certain weapons based on their physical appearance and arbitrarily limit magazine capacity under the guise of "public safety", despite these weapons being used in little to no crime. He ignores our constitution, and focuses on laws which target legal gun owners, NOT criminals who ignore silly and arbitrary laws such as these. Pennsylvanians do not support these anti-gun measures, and Brown's support reveals that his beliefs are not in line with those of our commonwealth. Any police officer who disregards constitutional rights is not right for Pennsylvania.

Finally, is Brown's recent wearing of the Pennsylvania State Police uniform. As a US Marine and police officer, I can tell you that the wearing of our organization's uniform is a highly respected practice. It takes 13 weeks of hell on Parris Island, SC to rate to wear our USMC Dress Blues, and it takes 6 months of hell at the State Police academy to rate theirs. Any police officer, especially one of such a rank, should know and respect this. Instead, Brown disregards the requests of his Troopers, and dons the uniform anyway, claiming that it is "out of respect". Do those who falsely claim to be Marine Veterans do so out of respect, or rather, do they do it for personal gain? Brown's moral compass is hopelessly lost as he continues to disrespect and disregard the State Police.

Brown does not possess the credentials to fill his current nominated position. Not only is he NOT a law enforcement officer in Pennsylvania, but his past history of controversy shows that he is unfit for service in our commonwealth. We have many qualified individuals in our own state, and there is no reason at all to search anywhere else. There are many fine Troopers who would gladly take the helm, and are supremely qualified for the position.

SENATOR: I encourage and implore you, do NOT confirm Tom Wolf's nomination of Marcus Brown as Commissioner for the Pennsylvania State Police. He is not what we want or need. Maintain the integrity of our Great Commonwealth and the traditions of the State Police, and search within our own borders.

Semper Fidelis
    Don't Tread On Me
    "
    Last edited by masakarijoe; February 19th, 2015 at 07:12 PM.
    PUT AN ACOG ON IT!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Looks like that page has not been updated since July. Not very confidence boosting.

I will call Daylin Leach and see if he can take a break from trying to ban guns and legalize weed long enough to hear me out.

(Westmoreland County)

Marcus Brown interviewed about "Gun Safety". The sound is poor but you get the point.
    Starts at 7:45

1. Ban on Assault Rifles
    2. Magazine limits to ten rounds
    3. Ban on Prohibited persons to own ammunition.
    4. Fingerprints, firearms safety training, background checks for every purchase.

#4 background check is the stealth gun registry, aka "Universal Background Check".
    Last edited by GeneCC; February 19th, 2015 at 10:19 PM.

I admit I have not been paying attention and never heard of Marcus Brown up until a day or so ago. Seeing him in the video praising the Governor for his assault weapon ban and magazine capacity ban makes it clear on where he stands and what he wants changed in PA.

19:00min Marcus Brown makes an argument that law abiding citizens only need 10 round magazines.

(Bucks County)

Politicians are incestuous these days. Not many want anything more than reelection.

They'll rubber stamp and we will pay
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Politicians are incestuous these days. Not many want anything more than reelection.

They'll rubber stamp and we will pay
    I've heard rumblings that the senators are ready to fire a shot or two across Wolf's bow. Even if it's for political gamesmanship, I'm happy if Brown is one of the casualties.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast