Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Going on a date tonight, should I OC?

Like the thread title says, going on a date tonight, considering OC'ing or not. I don't believe she'll have a problem with it, but I don't want be accosted throughout the night by the uninformed and emotional. Still need to decide where I'm taking her. We live in the Pocono's if anyone wants to throw a couple idea's out there Anwyays, anyone here ever OC'ed while taking a girl out on a date, or in new company? What were the reactions, or was there no reaction at all?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Going on a date tonight, should I OC?

Best not to scare her off that quickly...

Fact of the matter is a lot of people still think gun owners are crazy.

(Jefferson County)

As much as I'm pro-OC, I gotta agree with Delco Sig. Some people dont take to it right off the bat, gotta ease them in.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    As much as I'm pro-OC, I gotta agree with Delco Sig. Some people dont take to it right off the bat, gotta ease them in.
    She might also be a psycho. For several reasons, this can tend to be good or bad.

Tally one for OC. She could be just as offended that you're male.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Like the thread title says, going on a date tonight, considering OC'ing or not. I don't believe she'll have a problem with it, but I don't want be accosted throughout the night by the uninformed and emotional. Still need to decide where I'm taking her. We live in the Pocono's if anyone wants to throw a couple idea's out there Anwyays, anyone here ever OC'ed while taking a girl out on a date, or in new company? What were the reactions, or was there no reaction at all?
    I would save the OC for the second date specially if you are really interested in her. Or during date one just very cool like ask her how she feels about guns?? Bring up the Heller descion perfect current, event will be easy to get a feel for her..opinion then.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Still need to decide where I'm taking her. l?

Take her to the range! And yes by all means OC. See how she (cough) handles your pistol.

DC

(Monroe County)

Before we get to the don't scare her off part, maybe we should find out if she knows he OC's. I believe the main problem foreseen is the possibility of being hassled while just out on a date. If you are worried about it, cover up, no big deal. My wife gives me shit everytime we go somewhere and I OC. If you do OC on your date, I have OC'ed at the Arlington Diner on 611 by the mall with no problem. The food is good and priced well. Longhorn and Red Robin up by Bartonsville also. All depends on your(and her) comfort level.. Have fun

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Have you talked and hung around with her prior? Or is this a kind of blind date sort of thing? If you have known her through chit chatting and hanging around somewhere, then you should have a feel for how she is on issues. Have you ever mentioned guns/shooting to her? If she seems pro gun, OC may be just fine. If you don't know for sure, then CC. If a blind date sort of deal, CC.

Now if it was I that was asked out, the guy would already know I like guns( I would never go out with someone I hadn't met or talked to at least a few times prior), and if he OC'd I'd find it to be very sexy! Even before I got into all this OC/CC and gun stuff, if upon meeting my date and he was OCing, I wouldn't be scared or offended. I would prob ask if he was in some law enforcement he hadn't previously told me about LOL, then he would explain no, you can OC in PA and tell me about CC/OC and self defense, and I'd prob be like "cool!". I'd still have been a little nervous, and would have wanted to stay in public for that date, need to get to know the guy more gun or no gun strapped to is side. I always play it safe.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Armstrong County)

What's a date?
    Is it when you go out with a female that is not your wife?
    I haven't been on one for at least 18 years, and will never get the chance again.
    Ed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Philadelphia County)

Its a first date.

Better keep your weapon inside your pants.

Because if you OC, she may want to get her hands on it to stroke and fondle it.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast