Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Scotia Range..

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Scotia Range..

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    Easier said than done my friend! If I'm going to go shoot over the mtn I will have to drive at least 45 mins so I will have to plan on spending at least 1/2 a day over there.
    This Sunday, IDPA at Lewistown Pistol Club. Come on over and spend the whole day.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    Why don't ya all break down and drive over to Mifflin County side of the mountains. We got Mifflin County sportsman's club cost $35 for a year. All the ranges you can want. DEcatur Sportsman's club is up 522 North cost $5 for the year! Might be up to $10 this year. Blue Rock Sportsman's Club out in New Lancaster Valley. Not sure how much there but they have nice ranges and nice evens regularly. What bout the Port Matilda club? What good is having guns if you aint going to shot them just cause the free range is closed?

mark61
    living out where shooting ranges is the back yard!
    Already have a membership to MCSA. Probably going to get one for Reade Range too. Problem is, like Medic said, 45 minute drive down and back means I want to spend at least 4 hours there to make it worth my while. I don't always have 5.5 hours of free time in my schedule. And when all I need to do is confirm a zero or do some speed drills with the bolt gun for practice, Scotia, with it's 15 minute drive, is much more convenient.

Aint about free. And I shoot them. Cheers.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    Easier said than done my friend! If I'm going to go shoot over the mtn I will have to drive at least 45 mins so I will have to plan on spending at least 1/2 a day over there. Not at all a bad idea, I love to shoot, but when you work night shift sometimes that is very not possible. Plus if I'm going to spend time driving to a range I'll just drive the extra distance and go on down to PMSC where I am already a member. I will definatly give some of the ranges you listed a shot this summer but I, for some reason, like the convinence of just hoping down to scotia for an hour or 2.
    I'm with ya on this one. I work overnight, and i simply don't have that much time to spend drive all the way the hell out there, and spend several hours at the range(although, I would love to).
    Scotia - being 10min drive from my house, I never realised how good I had it until its closed....
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Centre County)

So saturday afternoon a friend and I went on out to Scotia. Sure enough they are doing some sort of massive project (not that I doubted it) though it does look like it is almost done. All of the backstops look to have been made taller and then covered with a grey/black material, I didn't stop long enough to look specificly what it was. There were no target holders up in place at all that I could see on any of the ranges either. If I have time tomorrow (and it's still likght out) I'll run over and take some pictures of the work they are doing and see if I can't get a definate date from someone for opening.

We were over at the shotgun range. No change over there! It was hot and there was no wind but we haven't been out to shoot clays in a LONG time and he was only in town for 2 days so we were going to make it work no matter where we had to go!

Keep your heads up everyone! Looks to be done really soon (as previously stated)

Cheers,
    Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Centre County)

I was out over the weekend to check on the progress of the range. Here's some pics. I hope this works.....

Rifle Range:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Rifle Range Backstop: The 200 yd. pit looks to be gone.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Combat Range:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Pistol Range:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Plinking Rifle Range:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Plinking Pistol Range:

The Backstop Grit:

Images have been sized down down to 640x480. I can post the larger images in wanted.
    Last edited by stl1psu; July 7th, 2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Add Note about image size

(Centre County)

So all we waiting for is just target holder?

(Berks County)

I hoping to be in SC this weekend so I will be hoping they put the target holders up so i can do some plinking...
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Cambria County)

Great Range for a Group Shoot. But only if we could get them to loosen up a bit.

What are the chances of say RESERVING the range for a PAFOA GROUP SHOOT. Could you get the local constables that work the range to loosen up and let us shoot some ammo down range without the 3 round limit and rapid fire control.

If we charged $5 a person, maybe we could put the money we get towards the range, to let us do this. Anyone have any connections or know any of these range officials well enough to find out if this could happen.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Centre County)

Oh man I hope it opens up soon. my trigger finger is itchy. Gotta run the bolt gun and get some drills in before august. Gotta shoot the ARs too.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by arrrrgh15 View Post
    Gotta run the bolt gun and get some drills in before august. Gotta shoot the ARs too.

......and some 1911's, Glocks, Sigs...

Yeah.. its killing me

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast