Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: 1st Post... How many open carry?

I'm with headcase with that one.. lol

Scare children? not my problem if they get weirded out..

I've been OC'n in PA since I was 18 with dad's S&W m28 357mag, then with my own from 19yo til present. I think I had to talk to an LEO maybe 2 times, but fortunately both LEO knew the law and was only curious due to not seeing it practiced very often. ...rural, small town area.

Now, more urban areas, which tend to lean towards the left on the political spectrum, may have a more negative view point from LEO's. But, its still hit/miss as to drawing negative attitude. Even in big cities here in PA there are plenty of pro-gun, and knowledgeable officers.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

I have been oc'ing for a while now. I am typically out in the Robinson Townshop area including robinson mall and have never had a bad encounter, nor been asked to leave anywhere.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    HOLY CRAP!!!

A bicycle!!!! That's what I have been looking for all these years to keep me safe!! Tell your woman that she has my undying gratitude for finally pointing out the one device that will prevent me from being a victim of the bad guys!!!

Wow...a bike. I never thought that riding a bike would negate my need to carry a weapon to defend myself... pretty simple when you think about it....

Ugh.... leave her, quickly...
    Haha, she and I just had an argument for the last hour or so over why she has no issue with me carrying everywhere I go, but suddenly I hop on my bicycle and it's a problem.

Apparently all these issues that've popped up recently have her not wanting to deal with bullshit, and she doesn't want to go through the hassle of someone calling the police on me here because it's odd to see someone OC on a bike (Like anyone would notice. Black gun, black holster, and I tend to wear almost all black, though my pants today are OD) and she just doesn't want to deal with it.

Also, apparently, she only had an issue with me OCing on bicycle with her there. Then my own laziness made me sit back down, mostly. Oh well.

(Though she just reaffirmed, before wandering out of the room, back to whatever she was doing before she came in, that she intends on getting her LTCF, she just doesn't ever plan to OC, and doesn't like it.)

(Oh good, another parenthetical statement. The argument wasn't over "carrying on a bike" so much as "open carrying on a bike." She has no issue with me carrying concealed all the time.)

(Monroe County)

Live with your mom if you feel the need to be told what to do. Why sign away half your crap to someone who is already starting to run your life and isn't even legally allowed to yet? You need more/better guy friends......

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I live with my mom ( and dad) and she can't tell me what to do at all LOL. I tell her " I am going to OC in Gettysburg", no problem. I tell her " I am getting a FL nonres carry lisc so I can CC in PA", no problem. I shoot rats at 2am, no problem. I walk around the house and property with a 9mm in a shoulder holster, she was a little amused, but really it was no problem. You really can't tell a 35 year old who owns her own business what to do I guess LOL

(Allegheny County)

Oh, she didn't tell me what to do. We eventually worked out the issue without any screaming or fussing.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Oh, she didn't tell me what to do. We eventually worked out the issue without any screaming or fussing.
    Hey they is not so bad then communication is good. Me and my misses get into it to about OCing also, but she has come around and stands behind me. She says "I love you, but you better know your shit on this one." Now she knows I am well within my legal rights and has no problem at all really.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12