Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
Bringing back this old thread... to say i'll be listening for this when i take the class next month.
I had forgotten this thread. I went to the class and OC'd both days. None of the instructors or the attendees said anything negative to me personally about it. I got a few questions about OC from curious people next to me, but they were all positive.

The thing about it was that during the ethics portion, they had a slide show of different situations, and the older instructor was commenting on them. There was one with a picture of a guy at a gas station, wearing a revolver in a western style rig, with the attendent wearing a very scared look. He commented that there was no reason to wear your firearm openly like that in public, and that doing so while stopping in for coffee or such, on your way to or from your hunting place, did nothing but scare people and give hunters a bad name.

This same guy was showing the operation of a marlin 336 30-30, and I spoke with him about the marlin at length, as I was looking to buy one. He never said one word about my OC, none of the instructors did. That was what made that portion of the ethics part so weird, and why I wondered if it was a standard thing.....