Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Smile First OC experiance!!!!

So at about 9 this morning I let my wife know I am gonna run down to Dunhams in Carlisle to pick up some rounds for my new AR I am gonna shoot for the first time tomorrow...so I make the drive get into the parking lot make sure my shirt is covering my HK P2000sk and start to head in, then I remember all the posts I was reading just an hour earlier (on here) and thought to myself F it...I'm gonna try it (planned on it anyway, just wanted to ask some of you questions first) but I tuck my nice shirt into my new jeans and walk toward the enterance of the "mall" I get to the door and hold it open for a woman pushing a stroller behind me standing facing the street she sees it on my hip, smiles at me and just walks in and says "thanks". As I get closer to the enterance of the store my heart started beating a bit quicker and I almost gave up...but remembered all your stories and decided to go in, I walked straight to the back corner and located the Wolf ammo noone was around, but by the time I stacked up 20 boxes I realize a man just walked behind me and I start getting nervous again. So I pick up the boxes and am thinking to myself alright I'm gonna get to the front as fast a possible, pay and get the hell out of here...however when I take a quick look at the gentleman (as he looks at me at the same time) we each realize the other is oc'ing. My smile went from ear to ear as he winks at me and says "I'm proud to see someone your age exercising your rights" so I stop and we shoot the shit for about 3 minutes and I head on up to pay and get home...the cashier did not even notice nor did anyone else as I left the mall. I got in my car and left, got home changed and left for work.

Well sorry I made the story so long...but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has posted their experiances in the past, it is truly what helped me try it out.....and I will certainly do it again!!

p.s. the only bad part of the day was the crack price I paid for .223 ammo!!
    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun"

(Monroe County)

Default Re: First OC experiance!!!!

SWEET!! Glad to see it was a good experience for you, and your new friend
    Liberating wasn't it?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Luzerne County)

Congrats....glad to hear your experience worked out for you.
    I did my first one yesterday... got my Taurus PT101 into an old holster I had here ( until the one I ordered comes in ) and went to the grocery store. Had to get a few things and went right past 2 old men sitting on the bench outside. One kinda looked at me strange, but figured that was the way they normally looked..lol.
    Anyway... as I got the things I needed I was going to the checkout stand when a man and his young son ( about 7 or 8 I would guess) said "Daddy, look at that man." Well I knew what he was talking about since I was the only one there. The man looked at me and I knew he saw the firearm. He just looked at me and kinda smiled and told his son "Its ok son... he's all right". Well that made my day. I kinda smiled at them both and away I went. Felt kinda good.

No more faces or looks on the way out so I guess I made out o.k for my first time too..

Good luck and happy carrying...
    Last edited by schr8er2000; April 27th, 2008 at 10:25 AM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    Congrats....glad to hear your experience worked out for you.
    I did my first one yesterday... got my Taurus PT101 into an old holster I had here ( until the one I ordered comes in ) and went to the grocery store. Had to get a few things and went right past 2 old men sitting on the bench outside. One kinda looked at me strange, but figured that was the way they normally looked..lol.
    Anyway... as I got the things I needed I was going to the checkout stand when a man and his young son ( about 7 or 8 I would guess) said "Daddy, look at that man." Well I knew what he was talking about since I was the only one there. The man looked at me and I knew he saw the firearm. He just looked at me and kinda smiled and told his son "Its ok son... he's all right". Well that made my day. I kinda smiled at them both and away I went. Felt kinda good.

No more faces or looks on the way out so I guess I made out o.k for my first time too..

Good luck and happy carrying...
    Good for you! Welcome too the wonderful world of OC, the both of you

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Berks County)

Arright, another OC cherry popped. After the first time, it just gets easier and easier.

(Northampton County)

Me too.Starting to get my feet wet..I went turkey hunting on Saturday.Afterwards I stopped in a small town diner decked out in my camo clothes.Went in oc with only a few looks.Then to sporting goods store.No problem there either.The guys(salesmen) behind the gun counter always oc in that store.

(Lycoming County)

As others have said, congrats! It's is a very liberating feeling. Glad to see you made a friend too. I haven't ran into anyone else OC'ing... maybe one day.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Philadelphia County)

Good job man.......just stay out of Wal-Mart !!! and you shouldn't have any problems LOL

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Adams County)

Thumbs up Re: First OC experiance!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyDad View Post
    Good job man.......just stay out of Wal-Mart !!! and you shouldn't have any problems LOL
    For me, Wally World will be my 1st stop. I'm in there often enough that most of the greeters will recognize me and know I'm an easygoing guy. The rest of the store employees are only interested in break time and quitting time. I'm waiting for my LTCF to come through so I can just put it on, get in the car and go. Hopefully this week.

Congrats to the OC, soon I'll be the OC guy to look for in Hanover & Gettysburg.
    USMV M/C

(Venango County)

Holy Crap!

First OC and a Unicorn to boot...Glad it worked so well for you

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!