Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Adams County)

Default What has PAFOA done to me?

Oh brother! so now I'm doing the "curiousity killed the cat" thing with OC. I got home from work early today. 90% of the time I'm in a suit. I was planning on range time tomorrow (if the weather holds). I needed some ammo as I was a bit low. As I was taking inventory of the ammo shelf over my bench, I came across a old Bianchi belt slide holster I used many many moons ago with my Security Six (Section 8/HUD contract security...nasty job). I dusted it off and tried to "bend" it back in shape. Figured I'd throw the Security Six in it to re-shape it....still warpy looking...so I slid it on my belt. Don't know why, but I thought "hell, I'm going to a gun shop anyway". So I threw the Six in a gun case and put it in my console in my truck. Drove to the shop, holstered the Six and went in. The Six was not loaded BTW, and I did not have my suit jacket on. Got looks instantly as I walked in, mostly from customers. Checking out, the clerk, a older gentleman stated " too bad they won't let the biys on the street carry a good ole revolver" and winked at me. I replied "say again?"..He said..."your a Detective..." ..I cut him off. "no sir, not the type your thinking of anyway, I'm not law enforcement"....he said "Ohhhhh, gotcha!"....he winked again and said "thanks". So back to the truck, secured the Six. On the way home the wife calls me (the real leo). She is stuck in court, wants me to pick up my youngest son, and get something for dinner since she forgot to take something out of the freezer. I get to the daycare (private home), and just for curiosity sake, throw the Six in the holster. Daycare provider and her husband instantly saw it..."going shooting dressed like that?"...okay, that was not fair, they knew me too well. But.....I decided to to do the same thing at the grocery store.....some quick glances at it, and smiles to the face from shoppers. Checking out, the cashier is arguing with the bagger about a speeding ticket.....the bagger sees the Six, and shuts up. The cashier is still "bitching" about the "F'n stupid cop who had a attitude and couldn't prove a thing...." when the bagger calls her by name, she motions towards me, and down to my gun, the cashier turned bright read, got quiet, and finished checking me out in silence. The bagger said she was sorry. I asked her "why?".....she said her friend is loud, and probably deserved the ticket, and she thinks police officers are nice. I replied " I'm sure a police officer would appreciate hearing that, tell it to one if they come here".....I got a very confused look.

So, what if I had changed clothes before going out? when working I wear the Corporate America look, when I get home, well, my wife says I sometimes look homeless.

I've been PAFOA "Brain Washed" : )......conducting experiments at the public's minds expense!...but it was fun.
    “IF THE DEVIL COACHES NAVY ORDNANCE, THEN HELL IS THE ORDIES HOMEFIELD”

(Franklin County)

Default Re: What has PAFOA done to me?

Quote Originally Posted by XUSNORDY View Post
    Checking out, the cashier is arguing with the bagger about a speeding ticket.....the bagger sees the Six, and shuts up. The cashier is still "bitching" about the "F'n stupid cop who had a attitude and couldn't prove a thing...." when the bagger calls her by name, she motions towards me, and down to my gun, the cashier turned bright read, got quiet, and finished checking me out in silence. The bagger said she was sorry. I asked her "why?".....she said her friend is loud, and probably deserved the ticket, and she thinks police officers are nice. I replied " I'm sure a police officer would appreciate hearing that, tell it to one if they come here".....I got a very confused look.
    Now THAT'S funny! Just out of curiosity, why did you unholster between stops?

Quote Originally Posted by XUSNORDY View Post
    I've been PAFOA "Brain Washed" : )......conducting experiments at the public's minds expense!...but it was fun.
    Let me know when you're ready to me 'made' in the OC mafia. I might know someone who can put in a good word.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Adams County)

Now THAT'S funny! Just out of curiosity, why did you unholster between stops?

Hell, you met me......remember those love handles I was sporting? The Hogue grips were digging right into them! ;0
    “IF THE DEVIL COACHES NAVY ORDNANCE, THEN HELL IS THE ORDIES HOMEFIELD”

(Northampton County)

Nicely done. Got some rep points for that
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Monroe County)

Good for you, I know exactly how you feel. When I do it, I am usually wearing jeans and a casual shirt. As badly as I want to believe that no one cares, I can't help but think they must figure I'm a cop. When you do it wearing a suit minus the jacket, you gotta figure they think your a detective. Maybe if I get a black t-shirt with big white letters that reads," I am not a cop!!!", then maybe I'll know for sure....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry