Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Question Question about CCW non-PA resident permits

I'm a resident of Arizona, but I'm a current Law Student here in PA. So I'm in PA for just over 7 months of the year - but I do have a PA non-resident permit.
    So when I'm looking at state's reciprocity laws would I be able to carry concealed in any state that has reciprocity with both AZ, and PA, or Either of the two. OR am I only entitled to carry in the different state if they have reciprocity with the state that I declare residency in (which is Arizona).

Thanks any help would be wonderful,
    -Reed

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Question about CCW non-PA resident permits

Short answer - depends.

Example: Some states honor other states resident permits only... not their non-resident permits.

In your circumstance (AZ resident permit and PA non-res permit) The best place to get the answer is the interactive map located here: handgunlaw.us

Angry Re: Question about CCW non-PA resident permits

Fun Fun,

Not too many clear cut answers I'm finding regarding weapons carry.... Even if you're legally allowed to carry concealed and something like the stop and frisk law is in effect ad they find your firearm, and blatantly refuse to look at your id and permit. They toss you in jail until a bail hearing then you go back for your actual trial on felony and misdemeanor charges. You're obviously let off without prejudice once the judge sees your CCW, and has cost you nights in jail, being put into the system, and a hefty lawyers fee - then he says that if you're ever found carrying again in his city permit or no permit he's going to throw the book at you and rule on whatever sticks. Then he won't return your firearm to you instead the city is ordered to destroy it.
    Talk about abuse of Power

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by HunterReed View Post
    Fun Fun,

Not too many clear cut answers I'm finding regarding weapons carry.... Even if you're legally allowed to carry concealed and something like the stop and frisk law is in effect ad they find your firearm, and blatantly refuse to look at your id and permit. They toss you in jail until a bail hearing then you go back for your actual trial on felony and misdemeanor charges. You're obviously let off without prejudice once the judge sees your CCW, and has cost you nights in jail, being put into the system, and a hefty lawyers fee - then he says that if you're ever found carrying again in his city permit or no permit he's going to throw the book at you and rule on whatever sticks. Then he won't return your firearm to you instead the city is ordered to destroy it.
    Talk about abuse of Power
    A concept we refer to as, "How much justice can you afford?"
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Honestly, even in that situation a Public defender would have been just as worthless as the hired gun. The cops refused to look at the CCW, but when arrested and booked the CCW was logged, then on the stand the Cops lied saying there was no such permit and the badge that was made up with all of the information need to run a check to see if the permit actually existed was offered and dismissed by the arresting police but logged by the intake officers. EVERYTHING plus more was given to the arresting officers but they thought they had a righteous bust and they'd make up and lie about anything else (as they did) to make it as secure as the could.
    But finally and after a few months of incarceration and an apology from their Captain all was forgiven because they were in the wrong and didn't follow the the evidence as it was given to them and made up stories on the stand that there was ammunition in the spout ready to be spent, while the entire thing only had one round and it wasn't even cambered.

oh well...............

(Monroe County)

WHOA! Did that actually happen or was that a theoretical situation???? And do you have an Arizona permit? You never actually said in this post....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    WHOA! Did that actually happen or was that a theoretical situation???? And do you have an Arizona permit? You never actually said in this post....
    Definitely not theoretical, and yes I do have an Arizona CCW permit