Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default FrogLube on pistols?

My wife may be getting her first pistol in the next few months. I'm very much wanting for her to be able to clean it but she hates the smell of most gun oils and cleaners. I've seen recently that some people use Frog Lube for their pistols and it's not a petroleum based lube so no nasty fumes and actually smells pretty nice. Do any of you use it for your sidearms and if so how do you like it? What are some things I/we need to know in implementing it?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Default Re: FrogLube on pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Do any of you use it for your sidearms and if so how do you like it? What are some things I/we need to know in implementing it?
    I haven't tried FrogLube at all, but I want to put in a plug for WeaponShield. I don't know if you've ever used it, but the smell is not at all offensive. Many people have commented that it has a faint smell of cinnamon -- a comment I happen to agree with. I've been using it on my firearms for about two years now with no complaints.

Still, I want to hear what people have to say about FrogLube!

(Lackawanna County)

I use froglube but have not used it long enough to say its the end all lube. I will say I havent had any problems in the 6 months I have been using it. You put it on when the weapon is warm and it disappears, when you start shooting and the weapon gets hot again, you will see it come back out on the surface. Neat stuff!

(Centre County)

I've been using FL on a few of my guns for about a year and change including my M10/9 SMG. It does what it say it will and keep the carbon particulate in suspension which has made for easy wipe down clean up. Also like Fast5 said, I try to wipe it down hot and then reapply the lube, it kind of disappears but when the metal heats up it shows back up. I have also applied it to a few suppressors, both the grease and "oil" with no problems. That being said, I have used Weaponshield too on some guns with great results. oh and LF smells minty!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Bucks County)

I saw a youtube video from that HossUSMC guy putting it on one of his Glocks, it sure looks like a good product and would probably be fine on a pistol. You can even eat it, I don't think your gun will complain
    Peace, Freedom, and Love

(Cumberland County)

What the eff is Froglube?

Is this going to turn onto another one of those naked all male oil wrestling threads?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Philadelphia County)

The Slip 2000 family of products is another line of non toxic gun cleaners & lubricants for you to consider. The cleaners are water based which makes for easy dilution & they actually smell pretty good.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

A US Navy SEAL came up with the stuff. I guess by default, that makes it the shit.

http://www.froglube.com/about_us.htm

I've never used the stuff but have heard good things.
    and to the dust you shall return

(York County)

I've heard good and bad about FrogLube. A guy on another forum I frequent used FrogLube exclusively and claims it caused his weapon to wear prematurely. Others like it.
    Some interesting reading about gun lubes:
    http://grantcunningham.com/lubricants101.html

(Philadelphia County)

Man he forgot the most important part about his (or her) favorite gun lube, That it's great for your hair! I do find it troubling that he does not go into what type of Dexron fluid to use. Straight Dexron is not an easy find these days, if at all. Still a fantastic read, thanks for posting it!
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast