Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

I keep going back and forth with those. 223 or 7.62x39 I can't decide. My 45 ported doubletap is the most painful handgun I own to shoot - can't imagine those !

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    FINALLY, A gun for those who want to self-harm but don't like cleaning up blood
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I keep going back and forth with those. 223 or 7.62x39 I can't decide. My 45 ported doubletap is the most painful handgun I own to shoot - can't imagine those !
    X39 would probably be the more practical, I'd imagine velocity would put it around 9mm +p or maybe even .357. But you might have issues getting steel cases to extract. .223 on the other hand would probably zip right through 3a body armor, probably the only derringer in the world that will do that.

Edited to add, you can buy additional barrels in other calibers, $150-$200 via gunbroker, so you really don't have to choose.

Recoil isn't too bad, a sharp, quick pain but they don't move that much. I put 30 rounds though it without crippling myself.
    Last edited by raxar; June 10th, 2017 at 09:22 PM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Taccom Ultra Lightweight Recoil system.
    1.2 oz carbine buffer set and 10% reduced power stainless buffer spring
    (for lightweight 5.56 carbine build)

LOVE me some BULLYS !!!!!
    Mine is a HUGE Snuggler !!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 09polaris View Post
    LOVE me some BULLYS !!!!!
    Mine is a HUGE Snuggler !!!!

OMG...He's not happy until he's on your lap.
    I think he'd die of a broken heart if he were prevented from snuggling up with someone every day.
    Here's some pics of him and the cat too. We find them together frequently.

I always thought people were exaggerating about how lovable they are, but it's the truth. No other dog I've owned in my life has been this clingy.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

And in regards to the 223 vs 7.62x39 debate, why not get BOTH?

Today I finalized the two builds I've been gathering parts for over the last 2 years.
    The purple one is 5.56 and the other is 7.62x39.

I'm so excited. Never "got" TWO guns at the same time before.

These are the cumulative result of a whole bunch of "what did you buy today" posts I never bothered posting.

Lightweight build thread
    7.62x39 build thread

Last edited by Emptymag; June 12th, 2017 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Added links to individual rifle threads
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    If you don't post a photo of the CR....it never happened. Let's see it!

Still debating on the optic. May go with a Spitfire or some other fixed low magnification optic on the CRs and save the red dots for any URs I may acquire and SBR in the future. The FRs will definitely get LPVOs, either 1-4 or 1-6 Vipers.

Will be submitting SBR paperwork on this before the end of the year, and the metal 7.62x39mm magazines I got will be refinished as OD green magazines with some Aluma-Hyde II.

Has the Magpul MOE AKM hand guard (MAG620), M-LOK MVG (MAG597), M-LOK paraclip sling mount (MAG607), MOE AK grip (MAG523), MS1 sling (MAG513) with a paraclip (MAG541) on one end and the other end threaded through the factory sling loop. The scope mount is an RS Regulate AK-301M with an AKML Aimpoint Micro Mount holding the Vortex SPARC II. The faux can is temporary until I get it SBR'd. The sling is ranger green, but matches the OD green furniture nicely. And the triangle stock is wrapped in some OD green 550 cord. Used about 50 feet to wrap the top and bottom of the stock.

The same sling setup and color is used on the SLR-104FR (plum furniture with a FDE MVG that a coworker will be dying this week) and the SLR-106FR (black furniture)

Last edited by Solaran_X; June 11th, 2017 at 10:20 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

I went to the gun store to buy some .223

I left with this Cimarron 1911. I have to say, it's a lot nicer than I thought it would be. The finish is smooth, and so is racking the slide. The patent markings are also a very nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    I went to the gun store to buy some .223

I left with this Cimarron 1911. I have to say, it's a lot nicer than I thought it would be. The finish is smooth, and so is racking the slide. The patent markings are also a very nice touch.

thats a cute sticker. where'd it come from? and why is someone being thrown out of a chopper?
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Optics don't belong on an AK!!!!

IMG_0292.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post

Still debating on the optic. May go with a Spitfire or some other fixed low magnification optic on the CRs and save the red dots for any URs I may acquire and SBR in the future. The FRs will definitely get LPVOs, either 1-4 or 1-6 Vipers.

Will be submitting SBR paperwork on this before the end of the year, and the metal 7.62x39mm magazines I got will be refinished as OD green magazines with some Aluma-Hyde II.

Has the Magpul MOE AKM hand guard (MAG620), M-LOK MVG (MAG597), M-LOK paraclip sling mount (MAG607), MOE AK grip (MAG523), MS1 sling (MAG513) with a paraclip (MAG541) on one end and the other end threaded through the factory sling loop. The scope mount is an RS Regulate AK-301M with an AKML Aimpoint Micro Mount holding the Vortex SPARC II. The faux can is temporary until I get it SBR'd. The sling is ranger green, but matches the OD green furniture nicely. And the triangle stock is wrapped in some OD green 550 cord. Used about 50 feet to wrap the top and bottom of the stock.

The same sling setup and color is used on the SLR-104FR (plum furniture with a FDE MVG that a coworker will be dying this week) and the SLR-106FR (black furniture)

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    thats a cute sticker. where'd it come from? and why is someone being thrown out of a chopper?
    It's from a company called Saigetsu Vinyl, I guess they just started up. It comes from an internet meme about how Augusto Pinochet tossed communist terrorists out of helicopters.

Page 1155 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 1556551055110511451151115211531154115511561157115811591165120512551655 ... LastLast