Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Places we can't conceal-carry in PA

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    actually, police stations are not defined as off-limits by the law.

not sure what happens in actual reality, but, theoretically, they are not off limits. and, again theoretically, the police cannot make them off limits.
    All I can speak to actual reality-wise are meetings I've CC'd at in one PPD district station in philly but I called ahead and was told have a license to carry and keep it concealed, no problems at all. They were right -- no problems at all.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia View Post
    All I can speak to actual reality-wise are meetings I've CC'd at in one PPD district station in philly but I called ahead and was told have a license to carry and keep it concealed, no problems at all. They were right -- no problems at all.
    good to hear. thanks for posting that.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    actually, police stations are not defined as off-limits by the law.

not sure what happens in actual reality, but, theoretically, they are not off limits. and, again theoretically, the police cannot make them off limits.
    I've OC'd to the Dickson City PD as well as the Wilkes-Barre PD and Fairview TWP PD.
    Other than dirty looks at WBPD, no issues

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Adams County)

NRA - LIFE / ENDOWMENT MEMBER
    LIFE MEMBER - VIETNAM VETERANS AMERICA
    U.S.NAVY SEAWOLVES - VIETNAM 69/70

(York County)

i would never carry into a bar or restaraunt if i was planning on having a few drinks. Instead i would carry a reasonably sized tactical knife, baton or pepper spray if you're going out for drinks. If the situation arises that you do need to use force to protect yourself but have had a few drinks and are somewhat impared, how do you think that will affect your judgment and even worse, ability to aim properly. It's just NOT a good idea to mix guns and alcohol even if it is legal to go into bars carrying with the intent on having a drink.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveXDM40 View Post
    i would never carry into a bar or restaraunt if i was planning on having a few drinks. Instead i would carry a reasonably sized tactical knife, baton or pepper spray if you're going out for drinks. If the situation arises that you do need to use force to protect yourself but have had a few drinks and are somewhat impared, how do you think that will affect your judgment and even worse, ability to aim properly. It's just NOT a good idea to mix guns and alcohol even if it is legal to go into bars carrying with the intent on having a drink.

ummm.....how is carrying one weapon better than carrying another weapon while drunk? if you're judgements impaired, it's impaired.

oh yeah, and batons are a no-no in PA.

(Berks County)

Holy thread necromancy Batman.

My gun is like my car. I would have no qualm driving home after two or three beers over the course of an evening, and the same goes for packing. If Im planning on going over my driving limit, I leave the sidearm secured, just as I give a freind my keys.

Besides, most bar rooms are a schmorgasboard of improvised weapons, so just because youre drinking without your gun, doesnt mean you are unarmed.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CommonHighrise View Post
    Holy thread necromancy Batman.

My gun is like my car. I would have no qualm driving home after two or three beers over the course of an evening, and the same goes for packing. If Im planning on going over my driving limit, I leave the sidearm secured, just as I give a freind my keys.

Besides, most bar rooms are a schmorgasboard of improvised weapons, so just because youre drinking without your gun, doesnt mean you are unarmed.
    *bold is mine

Which is exactly why even if I was one who drank to drunkeness, I would not be without my firearm in a place I was legally allowed to have it......

........Thread necromancy... that was TFF

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    ummm.....how is carrying one weapon better than carrying another weapon while drunk? if you're judgements impaired, it's impaired.

oh yeah, and batons are a no-no in PA.

I hear this alot,
    Cite the law please!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    I hear this alot,
    Cite the law please!

§ 908. Prohibited offensive weapons.

(a) Offense defined.--A person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree if, except as authorized by law, he makes repairs, sells, or otherwise deals in, uses, or possesses any offensive weapon.

(b) Exceptions.--

1. It is a defense under this section for the defendant to prove by a preponderance of evidence that he possessed or dealt with the weapon solely as a curio or in a dramatic performance, or that, with the exception of a bomb, grenade or incendiary device, he complied with the National Firearms Act (26 U.S.C. 5801 et seq.), or that he possessed it briefly in consequence of having found it or taken it from an aggressor, or under circumstances similarly negativing any intent or likelihood that the weapon would be used unlawfully.

2. This section does not apply to police forensic firearms experts or police forensic firearms laboratories. Also exempt from this section are forensic firearms experts or forensic firearms laboratories operating in the ordinary course of business and engaged in lawful operation who notify in writing, on an annual basis, the chief or head of any police force or police department of a city, and, elsewhere, the sheriff of a county in which they are located, of the possession, type and use of offensive weapons.

3. This section shall not apply to any person who makes, repairs, sells or otherwise deals in, uses or possesses any firearm for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.

(c) Definition.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Firearm."
    Any weapon which is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon.

"Offensive weapons."
    Any bomb, grenade, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches, firearm specially made or specially adapted for concealment or silent discharge, any blackjack, sandbag, metal knuckles, dagger, knife, razor or cutting instrument, the blade of which is exposed in an automatic way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism, or otherwise, or other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose.

(d) Exemptions.--The use and possession of blackjacks by the following persons in the course of their duties are exempt from this section:

1. Police officers, as defined by and who meet the requirements of the act of June 18, 1974 (P.L.359, No.120), referred to as the Municipal Police Education and Training Law.

2. Police officers of first class cities who have successfully completed training which is substantially equivalent to the program under the Municipal Police Education and Training Law.

3. Pennsylvania State Police officers.

4. Sheriffs and deputy sheriffs of the various counties who have satisfactorily met the requirements of the Municipal Police Education and Training Law.

5. Police officers employed by the Commonwealth who have satisfactorily met the requirements of the Municipal Police Education and Training Law.

6. Deputy sheriffs with adequate training as determined by the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency.

7. Liquor Control Board agents who have satisfactorily met the requirements of the Municipal Police Education and Training Law.
    blackjack=baton

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast