Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Sig 226 X-Five Tactical Trigger?????

I have gone exclusively to single action 1911 pistols for muscle memory. I am looking for a high capacity 9mm with a light rail and the pickings are slim. Am wondering how the single action trigger feels on the X-Five compared with a 1911. Wondering about take-up, break, reset, etc. Would love input from anyone out there with experience firing both.

Regards.

Default Re: Sig 226 X-Five Tactical Trigger?????

If you compare it to a Kimber Match Limited Edition, there is no comparison. If you compare it to a PT 1911, Colt GCT, Smith's 1911, or any other quality line produced 1911, there is still no comparison. The 1911 trigger, especially if you know how to tune one, is it's own monster. The Sig has a take up space in SA mode before it breaks. The thing you deal with the most with a 1911 trigger is creep, but take up is insignificant, in my opinion.
    Last edited by harold63; July 30th, 2011 at 09:34 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

If you want a great tactical trigger right out of the box and need high capacity/9mm, why not consider spending $150 more and get an HK USP?

(Centre County)

The HK USP Tactical series has a very nice single action trigger, it's not comparable to a nicely done 1911 but it's about as good as you are going to get
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Montgomery County)

I will be doing some research on the HK this evening. Thank you gentlemen.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    If you want a great tactical trigger right out of the box and need high capacity/9mm, why not consider spending $150 more and get an HK USP?
    $150 more than what?

During a pistol shoot in a stage I shoot a SA loaded stainless in 45 (mine) and a Sig X5 (9mm) in a Miami reload style drill. The trigger broke nicely crisp and smooth and had a small takeup that wasn't bad at all. Had easy enough time doing a double tap to the A zone.

I recommend if you can to borrow or rent a X5 and try it yourself as well as a HK USP. Grip angles and balance can make or break the feel for each person.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bandit82ta View Post
    During a pistol shoot in a stage I shoot a SA loaded stainless in 45 (mine) and a Sig X5 (9mm) in a Miami reload style drill. The trigger broke nicely crisp and smooth and had a small takeup that wasn't bad at all. Had easy enough time doing a double tap to the A zone.

I recommend if you can to borrow or rent a X5 and try it yourself as well as a HK USP. Grip angles and balance can make or break the feel for each person.
    Thank you for the feedback. That is the problem with the pricy pistols, the ability to shoot them before dishing out $1,300 for them. I will see if one of the local shops rents one. I am also going to see if they have a USP tactical to rent as well. Just wish Wilson would make a five inch Spec Ops with a rail but that just doesn't seem to be in the cards..........

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Guy View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. That is the problem with the pricy pistols, the ability to shoot them before dishing out $1,300 for them. I will see if one of the local shops rents one. I am also going to see if they have a USP tactical to rent as well. Just wish Wilson would make a five inch Spec Ops with a rail but that just doesn't seem to be in the cards..........
    This is definitely true in FL and where I live, you cannot even rent a pistol. If you don't own, you don't shoot. Bandit does bring in a good point, if you can rent the two. As I said, I don't think there is a trigger anywhere like the 1911 trigger, except maybe on a Savage rifle (out of the box). The trigger on the Sig does not suck by any means, and if you like the Sig, then surely you will get used to the take up. I think the HK is better out of the box and frankly, it does not require any tuning. I think the take up between the two are close in comparison (the HK being less) and the HK has a cleaner and lighter break. It is not what I would call a big significance if you like the X5, just an advantage. JMHO

I raced motocross for 13 years and saw many guys win on inferior machines. By no means is the Sig inferior, it is simply what you get used to and get good at. Happy shooting.

Just a heads up, If you go for a USP, they have that absurd HK proprietary rail on them and require an adapter to be used for most accessories. The newer series HK P30L has a slightly improved trigger feel than the USP, and an M1913 picatinny rail. As an added plus, I find that the ergonomic improvements on the P30 series add up to a vastly better feel than most would think possible over the USP.

As for a 1911 trigger. There is no way you can make a pivoting trigger feel the same way as a fully traveling trigger, its just not going to happen.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.