Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 157 of 222 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

http://thedentalwarrior.com/2015/08/...ystems-review/

Basically, the demo I saw takes the idea of putting a laser in your gun (or using a laser-enabled prop that cycles automatically) to fire at a virtual target, which is tracked by your laptop or computer's webcam and a nifty piece of software. It tells you if your trigger pull is deviating during each shot, and measures reaction times. You can use it from a draw or from a ready position, set it to alternate targets in patterns or randomly, and time follow up shots.

It's pretty neat, and the demo I saw was something like $250 for the laser insert and software bundle. It's something I might actually look into a little down the road.
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; February 8th, 2016 at 11:52 AM.
    Junior

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I'm glad I live where I do. I don't think I could stomach all the Chicken Littles peeing themselves. I mostly get appreciative comments and have to tell them they to could carry if they chose to do so
    I opened carried this past summer around Lancaster County and I think this past summer there were more negative gestures then there has been in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    I opened carried this past summer around Lancaster County and I think this past summer there were more negative gestures then there has been in the past.
    Noting to report here.

Had a conversation with an older woman working at Mcdonald's about guns after she asked what I was carrying. She used to carry a revolver, now a semi auto. Prefers heavier guns, because of the recoil.
    Was waiting the elevator at the Harrisburg mall. Older Teen got off, noticed my son, (who I was directing to step out of the way), the gun, made eye contact and said "nice".
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Erie County)

Spent a few hours the other night reading this entire thread. Great info Viper and great job tracking all of your encounters throughout the last 6 years. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by robh View Post
    Spent a few hours the other night reading this entire thread. Great info Viper and great job tracking all of your encounters throughout the last 6 years. Thanks!
    Impressed that you read it all in one sitting. I did the same thing when I joined but back then it was MUCH MUCH smaller.

Repped.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Delaware County)

robh, thanks for taking the time to sit through this whole thing. I know it's a lot, and I know I don't always make the best decisions, but it's been one big learning process. Thank you for reading.

A couple of weeks ago, I was at the local DD awaiting my Wake Up Wraps. An older couple was having a conversation at one of the tables, and when I went over to await my breakfast, I heard their conversation abruptly pause, and the gentleman pointed me out to what I can only assume is his other half.

"Look at that."
    "??"
    "He's got a gun."
    "Oh."

After a couple moments, I wanted to break the awkwardness. I casually made eye contact with the man, and he met me. He was wearing a Navy cap.

"How you doin'?"
    "Good. How -you- doin'?"
    "I'm well. Enjoying the weather."
    "Yep. What's with the gun?"
    "I could give you the big long explanation but the short story is, self defense."
    "Ah, okay."

That was about it. His wife (I think) joined in the conversation and we talked about the decline of the city of Allentown, the rise of drug use and the war on it, and I thanked the gentleman for his service. They were perfectly cool.
    Junior

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    "I could give you the big long explanation but the short story is, self defense."
    "Ah, okay."
    Guess that's better than saying, "Constitution, mutha fucker!".

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    [/B]His wife (I think) joined in the conversation and we talked about the decline of the city of Allentown,
    Excuse you, we like A-town just the way it is thank you!

Me and UNGAWA just cant stop rioting, The snow, The spring planting, Summer grilling, the fall leaves the rioting just dont stop.
    IF ONLY MORE PAFOA'ERS WOULD JOIN US WE WOULD BE UNSTOPPABLE! A-Town aint got no chance with us around.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Delaware County)

Quick FYI - The Game's Afoot arcade in Warminster has a no weapons, no knife policy. The amazing PiP treated midget and I to a couple hours of awesome arcading, and I noticed the sign on the wall. I wasn't going to let that ruin our day (and will probably be going back again).
    Junior

Page 157 of 222 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast