Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: 2011 Keep 2nd Amendment Liberty in PA is Second to None rally & lobbying event

Wanted to point out to everyone that was going or can't attend due to work or health you still can make a difference, by contacting the Reps on May 9-10th, on these subjects and the related posted threads on PAFOA so YOU to can support the cause IF you can't be there in person.

From the rally web site
    http://www.2arally.com/issues/

Every year the Pennsylvania Right to Keep and Bear Arms Rally identifies and focuses on key issues that are affecting gun owners throughout the Commonwealth. Our goal is to bring light to these issues and through citizen involvement encourage our legislators to protect gun owners’ rights.

This Years Issues

Castle Doctrine
    In order to protect people from improper and aggressive criminal and civil liabilities when they are forced to defend themselves from violent attacks, Castle Doctrine legislation is written to accomplish two goals:

Clarify when a person may use force to protect themselves or others, making sure that people can be confident in their ability to protect themselves when they are threatened with death or serious bodily injury.
    Protect people who are justified in their use of defensive force from frivolous and potentially bankrupting civil lawsuits.

Castle Doctrine 2011-12 session Activist effort – Please Help http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ease-help.html

Correcting Firearm Transportation Laws
    Due to poorly worded statutes and definitions, there is common confusion about transporting firearms in Pennsylvania. We hope to clarify the wording and intent of the Uniform Firearms Act in order to provide gun owners with a clear understanding of how to legally transport firearms throughout the Commonwealth.

2011-12 Getting rid of NO STOPS clause with the transportation of gun w/o LTCF
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...-w-o-ltcf.html

Punishing Municipalities for Preemption ViolationsThroughout the Commonwealth municipalities either working with or duped by out-of-state gun control interests have passed illegal firearm regulation ordinances that were overwhelmingly defeated at the state level. While these ordinances are illegal and unenforceable, they cause consider fear and distress to law-abiding, gun owning residents. We seek to provide punishments to municipalities who ignore and violate established state law in order to curb this undemocratic behavior.

2011-12 Proposed law for dealing with Municipalities Violating Preemption Law
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ption-law.html

Pennsylvania Instant Check System Reform
    For years Pennsylvania has been wasting millions of dollars supporting a state-specific background check system that can be replaced with sole use of the federal National Instant Check System. In addition to the wasted taxpayer money, the PICS system has for years been used and abused by politicians and bureaucrats to skirt Pennsylvania law against keeping a gun owner registry. It is our goal to evaluate PICS and determine whether it can justify it’s continued cost.

Senator Solobay has SB 928 and a house version PICS vs NICS is in the works there is also "in the works" a hearing scheduled in the senate for May 11th about PICS problems. There are many posts on PAFOA about PICS and how it effects all of us.

All of these changes and more are ONLY possible because ALL of you that speak up, contact the reps to express views and mostly importantly attend events like this rally to show your commitment to the cause with direct action..
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Cambria County)

Default Re: 2011 Keep 2nd Amendment Liberty in PA is Second to None rally & lobbying event

Hey, what's up with the registration process?

http://www.2arally.com/registration/

The web site says "Registration is not yet open for the 2011 rally."

Are we able to go without registering? Or is the registration ONLY for the prize give-aways??

Well, I am still going anyway!
    See you guys there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Washington County)

Traveling with a friend who is willing to help out as well. Will see you all there!

(Lackawanna County)

I hope to see you guys down there on Tuesday. This will be my first time. Is there any etiquette rules to follow? Is OC encouraged, discouraged, or it doesn't matter?

I have an empty seat on my truck if anyone from NEPA needs a ride.

(Washington County)

Carry lawfully, and dress respectfully. Be aware that if you are going to lobby or enter the capitol, you will need to check your firearm at the door.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Carry lawfully, and dress respectfully. Be aware that if you are going to lobby or enter the capitol, you will need to check your firearm at the door.
    Is business casual ok, or should I go all the way and suit up?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Flake View Post
    Is business casual ok, or should I go all the way and suit up?
    Some folks wear a suit, some wear jeans and a tee shirt, some wear camo. If you go business casual, with or without a tie, you will be among the better dressed.

From last years rally...

^There are a number of forum members in this photo

^And everyone in this photo is a forum member.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; May 7th, 2011 at 07:19 PM.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Some folks wear a suit, some wear jeans and a tee shirt, some wear camo. If you go business casual, with or without a tie, you will be among the better dressed.

From last years rally...

^There are a number of forum members in this photo

^And everyone in this photo is a forum member.
    got anymore from that rally?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Anyone from Lehigh Valley going down.

I plan on leaving after the kids leave for school at 6:30 AM. I will be in the area of Airport Road jumping on to 22 west. Anyone have interest in going down let me know.

(Montgomery County)

I am heading out between 6:30-7 on Tuesday from Montgomeryville (right on 309) in my 12-passenger van. We have 3 so far and it seats 8 with PLENTY of room. PM me if you want to ride along. (FYI: I will be off-web all day on Monday till late evening.)
    Last edited by -JD-; May 8th, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast