Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: Here comes the Gun Control

Bring it on!

Let the trash that claim to represent show who they are.
    They have nothing else to offer.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by StingyGunner View Post
    So when martial law's declared, do yall have enough ammo stocked up? Gee I'm glad the PA militia is strong and vibrant!
    What Pa. Militia are you talking about? I sure hope it's not the disorganized clowns I see at gun shows and other venues attempting to pass themselves off as such.

Or are you just being sarcastic? I hope that is the case.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    Article here: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html

I said in an earlier thread the crap would start this week, the weekend isn't even over and here we go.
    I don't agree, but I can easily understand Representitive McCarthy's position. She lost her husband and has her son maimed. While I think she is misguided, I can forgive her and remember her grief.

Brady on the other hand is proving himself to be a coward. He wants EXTRA protection because he is an elected official. They make idealogical claims and if we scare them with facts they have us investigated? NO Friggin way!!

All of the facts are not in yet on this terrible event. We need people to be calm and wait to gather the info to make an educated and informed decision.

None of us on this forum, IMHO, want a mentally deranged individual running around with a loaded gun. If you are ok with that, let me know your thoughts.
    We, the gun friendly folks, need to help to be a part of the solution, unlike the anti gun folks who go straight to banning everything under the sun.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

I'm not sure I understand why you are against Congressmen and women receiving protection. Unlike the President, who only signs bills into law, it is Congressmen and women who introduce, debate and vote on bills, many of which are controversal, at least to large parts of the population, and who are often closer to constituants than the President will ever be. I think that if anyone should have protection, it is members of Congress. Now, that's not to say that any whackjob with a gun who really wants to do harm will not be able to do it if he really puts his crazy mind to it, but protection, such as secret service protection, couldn't hurt. The truth is that while some elected representatives are only in it for the exposure and limelight, many ran for Congress with the intent to change things for the better (depending on what you think "better" is). They aren't making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and, often times, new representatives sleep in their offices because they can't afford to have apartments or houses in Washington and also pay their mortgage in their home state. The point is that they deserve protection from the many wackjobs that are out there.

Liberals will never let a perfectly good crisis go to waste.

Rest assured, there'll be all kinds of gun control advocates coming out from under the rocks this week, claiming to know the solution to the problem.

I just wonder how this would've been played in the news if a citizen carrying a firearm legally would have stepped in & stopped this event from happening.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Lancaster County)

Wait, is she going after high cap mags or buying a shit load of ammo at once? I might place an order if thats the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGlock View Post
    I'm not sure I understand why you are against Congressmen and women receiving protection. Unlike the President, who only signs bills into law, it is Congressmen and women who introduce, debate and vote on bills, many of which are controversal, at least to large parts of the population, and who are often closer to constituants than the President will ever be. I think that if anyone should have protection, it is members of Congress. Now, that's not to say that any whackjob with a gun who really wants to do harm will not be able to do it if he really puts his crazy mind to it, but protection, such as secret service protection, couldn't hurt. The truth is that while some elected representatives are only in it for the exposure and limelight, many ran for Congress with the intent to change things for the better (depending on what you think "better" is). They aren't making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and, often times, new representatives sleep in their offices because they can't afford to have apartments or houses in Washington and also pay their mortgage in their home state. The point is that they deserve protection from the many wackjobs that are out there.

If congressmen represent the position of their constituents (ie: their employers), they have nothing to worry about. I have no problem with representatives receiving a security detail of some type - there will always be some whack job that is unhappy. What I DO have a problem with is our representatives (our employees) telling us that we are not allowed to criticize them.

This is EXACTLY why the 1A was written.

2A is there as a last resort should "We The People" find ourselves in a position where the leadership of our government no longer listens to "We The People"; no longer works for us. 2A gives "We The People" the means to take our government back from that leadership.

Putting a law like this in place not only violates 1A, but would chip away at "The People's" ability to reclaim our government.

This is a dangerous time for our Republic...
    Last edited by daschnoz; January 10th, 2011 at 11:24 AM.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    Liberals will never let a perfectly good crisis go to waste.

Rest assured, there'll be all kinds of gun control advocates coming out from under the rocks this week, claiming to know the solution to the problem.

I just wonder how this would've been played in the news if a citizen carrying a firearm legally would have stepped in & stopped this event from happening.
    They had a guy on Fox News this AM that could have fit that bill. He was CCW and stopped at the drug store to get a pack of smokes. Not knowing what the crowd was about, he decided to get his pack of smokes before heading over to see what was going on. By the time he got out of the drug store, the whack job was already disarmed.

If only...
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    Wait, is she going after high cap mags or buying a shit load of ammo at once? I might place an order if thats the case.

Don't feed into it.

That's what caused shitty prices/internets BS.

That time you spend biting your fingernails BUYING shit , you coulda contacted your Reps.

Quote Originally Posted by BenGlock View Post
    The point is that they deserve protection from the many wackjobs that are out there.
    While representatives are in DC a major part of the Capital Police's job is protection for Congressional members. When they're in their home district, they should contact the local or state authorities, if they think they need protection.

Major players, like Speaker of the House, etc have SS protection, but if you're advocating Secret Service protection for all elected representatives; I say, emphatically, "No!" They are not royalty. They're citizens, just like you & deserve no more or no less protection than you.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast