Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Coatsville country club kicked me out of a wedding

Here is the problem with the story, you are bitching about it.

I don't fault you for leaving, and I would not have faulted you had you put it in the car and stayed. The management had every right to inform you they have a no firearms policy and tell you to put it in the car. No reason for you to get all mad about it. Had you really wanted to stay, you would have put it in the car. My guess is you just didn't like being told you couldn't do something you wanted to do. They didn't kick you out, you chose to leave.

It's good to post threads about being told a place has a no firearms policy, so that others know about it and can avoid the place, or at least avoid a scene if they do go. You can always call or write, and ask them to change it.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Bullock View Post
    You have a tuckable holster. If you properly used the holster you would have still had a fully concealed handgun with your jacket off and would not have had any problem.
    Supertuck+tucked in shirt+jacket=???

Anybody? Anybody?

Not getting made. At least as far as I'm concerned.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lackawanna County)

What did you tell the bride and groom about your departure?
    If they were good friends... Id have told them and perhaps they would have a word with the manager. If they werent, Id have done the same thing. Its on me, or Im gone. I wont leave it in the car. Im pretty sure I remember reading of a walmart manager asking a man to put it in the car and someone overheard it and watched to see which vehicle it was in then stole it.

Ive been invited to a family dinner, almost like a mini reunion. The home owners told me I could come, but if I intend to carry Im not welcome. I told them the last three words were all I needed to hear. Im not welcome. Goin to Taco Bell!
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mkstan15 View Post
    I would have walked to my car, pretended to put it in the car, and returned to the wedding firearm and holster included..
    Another that would give the rest of us gun carriers a bad name by your actions in this situation. Do you not understand the individuals rights with regard to what they allow and don't allow on their own property?

How would you feel if you told someone to not have an item on your property, and they disregarded your wishes?

Lets say you are found to have returned WITH your gun after being told to not have it on their property and the police are now called? Say goodbye to your LTCF? Maybe other charges? Just because you think you know better.

I would have put my gun in my car, returned to talk to the manager and try to persuade him to change his mind, and why he feels the way he does. If he still prohibits my gun then you have two options; 1) Stay at the wedding with your gun in the car or 2) leave with your gun.
    Last edited by Gary737; December 19th, 2010 at 09:14 AM.

(Montgomery County)

None of those charges would happen. It isn't illegal to ignore the property owner until they say get out. I would have done just as he said. Regardless I'm pretty certain they rented the hall, for that period of time the renter has limited rights unless it's in the contract it's there right. Theres an argument that you're rights as a renter goes farther. As where a company rents a government own space that they supersede state law and can pass a rule regulating possesion, though that is not true, that legal nonsense argument has been used. Which is it? I say this, nothing supersedes constitution the federal than state than local laws. After that unless the landlord expressly forbids an object or activity in the contract, well, they gave up there property rights for $$$$ rent!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary737 View Post
    Another that would give the rest of us gun carriers a bad name by your actions in this situation. Do you not understand the individuals rights with regard to what they allow and don't allow on their own property?

How would you feel if you told someone to not have an item on your property, and they disregarded your wishes?

Lets say you are found to have returned WITH your gun after being told to not have it on their property and the police are now called? Say goodbye to your LTCF, maybe? Maybe other charges? Just because you think you know better.

I would have put my gun in my car, returned to talk to the manager and try to persuade him to change his mind and why he feels the way he does. If he still prohibits my gun then you have two options. Stay at the wedding with your gun in the car, or leave with your gun.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    None of those charges would happen. It isn't illegal to ignore the property owner until they say get out. I would have done just as he said........
    I am just trying to understand what your saying.

So what they should have told him was, "We do not allow guns on our property and you are now asked to leave, but you can return without your gun. If you return with your gun, you will now be trespassing"?

I think by them informing you that no guns are allowed and you LEAVE and RETURN with your gun, you are now trespassing. Any legal minds care to add their input?
    Last edited by Gary737; December 19th, 2010 at 09:46 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Here is the problem with the story, you are bitching about it.
    Why is that a problem? I am wrestling with my first ejection here and was looking for a little back and forth. There have been some very good points made and I've had a night to sleep on it, but I still would have left. As ridiculous as it sounds, I really believe in my right to carry a firearm. By someone telling me that I can't it translates, to me, that I am less then a responsible person and can't be trusted. Maybe I have some daddy issues? Lol.

Thanks again for the honest opinions.

that place is a sad excuse for a golf course. i play there once a year in a tournament (hope im not invited back next year).
    after reading the op, now i REALLY hope im not invited back.
    friggin cow pasture.....
    FJB

Plus i do not think you want to deal with Cville cops either?
    "343" Never Forgotten

(Venango County)

When I go somewhere that I'm unsure about Policy, I just DON'T uncover. It's foolish to let someone know you are Concealing, after all , What is the purpose of concealing. I've said it before, Number 1, don't draw attention to yourself.
    You know why a banana is like a politician?
    When he first comes in he is green, then he turns yellow and then he's rotten.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast